Sooo I replaced the Alternator and now .....

gsumann

Sooo I replaced the Alternator a couple of weeks ago because when I would accelerate all the lights would get bright

and the Volt meter would go up to 18v .... so the past couple of weeks the truck was running good.

Until we just had the cold spell yesterday morning

No start.

So later that afternoon the truck started right up. Drove it about 30 miles and tried turning it on and off a couple of times it starts up.

just stepped outside and it started right back up again.

Could it be the battery? the battery in there now looks new but has no date on it.

Very cold temps and very hot temps are not friends of car batteries.

From what you said the battery would be a good candidate for your issues.

If you have a dealer or shop that can do a load lest/charging test on the battery while it is in the car that would help you rule it out. check with your local Nissan dealer. The Nissan tester gives an nice printout of the battery and charging system health. Most will not charge for the test, but some will.

Very cold temps and very hot temps are not friends of car batteries.

From what you said the battery would be a good candidate for your issues.

If you have a dealer or shop that can do a load lest/charging test on the battery while it is in the car that would help you rule it out. check with your local Nissan dealer. The Nissan tester gives an nice printout of the battery and charging system health. Most will not charge for the test, but some will.

Also,

On average you should get 3-5 years out of a car battery these days.

It seems like a battery issue, a faulty alternator can damage your battery aswell ie: alternator regulator went cooking the battery. I'd replace it but you can preform checks as Alkorahil suggested, another way is if you have a volt meter handy, measure right after you turn off your car after a healthy drive (10min plus) make note of the measurement, then next time you drive it could be 4 hours or 3 days doesn't matter. A healthy battery will read no change or very very little .5v or less but if you read a larger drop this could be as low as .1v pre hour. Chances are it's a faulty battery.