Good mods to make to my 99 SE on a budget

Hello everyone, i have a 1999 Nissan pathfinder SE, and i was just wondering what good mods i can make to the truck on a budget. I recently got some parts replaced since i got the truck

Replaced:

Front brakes

Both front CV Axles

Passenger side Ball joint

Passenger side oxygen sensor

Front Struts(Gabriels installed)

General grabber tires size 245 75 16

That's what i put on the truck so far i made up a list that i want to put on the truck but i also need everyone's opinion on all the items any information is helpful to me.

Want to install:

Warn hubs (not sure if i just need to buy the warn hubs or other pieces so i can install it)

2"Lift

Skid plate

Tire carrier

Front wheel bearings

Rear shock Absorbers

Fog lights set up

I mainly want to off-road in this vehicle but it's also my everyday driver. Just not sure which mods i could make to make it better for off-roading, any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I have the AC 2" springs, KYB struts and Rancho RS5000 shocks. I had a friend help me install everything myself and saved some coin there. I also installed the Warn Premium hubs to save my CV boots and slightly increase the fuel mileage. I don't wheel my Pathy anymore but, I did have success in some mild rockcrawling and a ton of trail riding. Hopefully this helps you a little.

Here is a link to my build ..

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/30077-devonianwalks-995-r50-stock-to-lift-pics/

:headwall: I truely must remember to point these questions in your direction Fleurys. I'm still thinking "old school" when it comes to the R50.

It's all good... old habits are hard to change... My product is still young and I have to better promote it anyway ! :lol:

I haven't done lots of mods yet, but I've done a couple simple ones that I now consider must-haves.

Interior lights replaced with LED bulbs. Now the interior is as bright as day at night and I can see the entire interior clearly. It's a thing of beauty.

HID headlight conversion. Not only is it brighter, but the light's wavelength is so much better (I got 4500s, about white). The light makes my visibility a lot better and not just because they are brighter, but because they are white light. With normal headlights on a rainy night it's hard to even tell if your headlights are on at all. But with these lights I see everything even on those rainy nights. Huge difference!

Want to install:

Warn hubs (not sure if i just need to buy the warn hubs or other pieces so i can install it)

2"Lift

Skid plate

Tire carrier

Front wheel bearings

Rear shock Absorbers

Fog lights set up

Mile Marker hubs are available for 1/2 the $ and are perfectly acceptable as well. PN 435 IIRC, but verify that.

Yes

Yes

If you can, get an aftermarket bumper with built in hitch receiver and tire carrier. Best of all worlds!

Only replace the gront wheel bearings if yours are damaged (you should be able to feel it) otherwise just disassemble, clean, repack and re-tention them.

Yes

Look into the LED light bars available. Low draw so you don't have to upgrade your alternator and you can even put them across the grill or on the front of the hood.

I personally avoid roof rack fad unless you absolutely need the room. 1/2 of the ones I see are always empty and they create a lot of drag, affecting mileage The only benefit is a place to mount lights, but see above.

B

That seems to be the one. I hate it when sites obscure the manufacturers part numbers though...

I got mine through 4wheelparts.com for $90 on sale. Check out what they have for LED light bars as well. I have old school Hella fogs and HID lights, but if/when I have to replace them, LED light bars all the way. When I have some extra cash, every vehicle is getting at least one.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/search.aspx?kw=led+light+bar

B

• Like 1

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/mile-marker-manual-locking-hubs-p-243.html Found these on 4x4 parts thinking about sending an order out for them, they look promising.

Those are the ones I used , only one snowy winter and a few mud excursions (nothing too wild) so far but they've worked as expected .

That seems to be the one. I hate it when sites obscure the manufacturers part numbers though...

I got mine through 4wheelparts.com for $90 on sale. Check out what they have for LED light bars as well. I have old school Hella fogs and HID lights, but if/when I have to replace them, LED light bars all the way. When I have some extra cash, every vehicle is getting at least one.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/search.aspx?kw=led+light+bar

B

Well then... those are quite expensive guess i gotta search around for some deals on them

Those are the ones I used , only one snowy winter and a few mud excursions (nothing too wild) so far but they've worked as expected .

Do they come with everything i need to install them and make the conversion from automatic to these?? All the hardware etc or do i need to buy those seperatly?

Do they come with everything i need to install them and make the conversion from automatic to these?? All the hardware etc or do i need to buy those seperatly?

On my '96 they were complete , no other parts needed .

• 3 months later...

What do these hubs do or add to the vehicle? Is this just OEM replacement or what's the deal with hubs? I've been trying to find out by reading a bunch of stuff but it feels like I'm listening to a conversation that I have no idea what it's about lol. Rememer, I'm new to the 4x4 world. Thanks