P0138 code

I recently had a p0138 code which is the passenger oxygen sensor after the cat, well I've just recently switched it like 10 mins ago took me 2 hours because of the wires and @!*% , then I accidently put the anti seize compound near after the threads where the sensor is I turned the car on and I still have a check engine light code for the same thong, I also broke one of the clips that holds the electrical sensor in place by accident but I didn't think thatd do anything. Need help and would be greatly appreciated.

Well, the light won't go out immediately. You need to clear the code or drive it around a bunch. OBD2 will clear itself if it runs two consecutive test cycles without any failure. Hopefully you didn't replace the wrong sensor.

It was bank 1 sensor 2 , which is passenger side on the code after cat, would breaking those clips off by accident affect it? i have a zip tie on it for now so it's tight and doesn't vibrate loose and what about the anti-seize compound that do anything

• 4 weeks later...

I have learned to disconnect the battery + and - cables from the terminal to reset the check engine soon light. I fix the problem first, then disconnect the battery and see if the light comes back on or not, so far this method has worked for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I have learned to disconnect the battery + and - cables from the terminal to reset the check engine soon light. I fix the problem first, then disconnect the battery and see if the light comes back on or not, so far this method has worked for me.

Technically you're suppose to disconnect the battery ever time you replace something electronic on a car. It's not the end of the world, but it prevents accidents and inadvertently does what you said.

-Kyle

• 1 month later...

Sorry about that wording, i always disconect the battery before doing any work, i just meant to reset the check engine light to disconnect both of the cables like you are removing the battery, then hook back up and the light goes off, but will come back on if there still is a problem.

• Like 1