mudding vs rock crawling vs trails

jhamelin819

Out west I loved the trails with some rocks. Didn't do much rock crawling as I had a F150. Lil big for some of the stuff.

When I lived in NC. The trails there were awesome! Good fun trial with some mud. Which on the east coast of NC is that black tar mud.

Down here in South Florida. It's all mud. Have to go north to Citrus and stuff for real trails.

End if the day what do I like best?

Desert trails with rocks. Loved it out there. You can wheel all day then sleep under the stars. Wonderful setting. (Just watch out for a pack of wild donkey to come wandering through though.)

Sent from my Moto X

• Like 1

Wonderful setting. (Just watch out for a pack of wild donkey to come wandering through though.)

Ha! They've had me up in the middle of the night with gun in hand on more than one occasion.

I vote all except for mud. You can rock crawl and DD a trail rig. A mudder to me is purpose built just for mudding.

Edited by KovemaN

Long distance trails this year about 3400 km over 7 days minimal pavement less than 400k with luck - rocks and mud are just obstacles on the way. Everything else is prep work for the long trips or get to an isolated place to fish.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to do a decent trail run. Like water crossings & some mud. Haven't done rocks yet. I have burried my hood in a DEEP water hole that I didn't realize it was that deep. Pulled right out & impressed a few JEEP owners. Will be doing more once I get a truck to trailer the Pathy to better off-road parks. Iowa has nothing. Suppose to be getting a very nice park in Ft. Dodge, IA. Can't wait. Will keep everyone posted once it gets to where larger vehicles can drive through.

• 1 year later...