"Lego" wheels...

bushnut

will 15in Legos fit on my 2000 pathy?

I know about the brake calliper issue just wondering about back spacing and bolt pattern...

found a good deal but don't want to make a dumb mistake..

the reason I'm looking at the older wheels is that for some reason 15in tires seem to be less expensive than the similar 16in version. like 50 to 60 bucks cheeper. can't figure out why though.

so if I go with the 15s I'm looking at some 31x10.5x15 similar size to my stock 245/70/16 .

the short list in no particular order....cooper AT3, general grabber AT2, or Canadian Tire only Wrangler Territory.

I tried the rims from my '96 Hardbody (15x6) on my Pathfinder (15x7) and they wouldn't quite fit over the rear drums if that helps. I did just get a set of 31x10.5x15 Territorys from CTC a couple of months ago. I'm VERY happy with them. They were the 4 for the price of 3 sale.

I've seen Legos on first gen R50's never late models though.

Here's how the part numbers go for the brake calipers for each of the years by production month

1995/10 - 1997/04: 41001- 0W701

1997/04 - 1997/07: 41001- VE400

1997/07 - 1998/12: 41001-1W200

The site i'm using then sort of stops giving information, however, it says VG33 next to all of those numbers above, and then gives this number and production date

"2002/10..."(no joke that's what it says!) :41001- 1W600 and next to it says VQ35DE, so maybe the brakes changed with the engines? :shrug:

But i know this, devonianwalk, theexbrit and myself all run the same wheels, Pro-comp 52 Series Steelies, 15X8, 6 X 5.5 Bolt pattern and a 3.75 backspacing. Andy and i both have 96's and devonianwalk has a 1999.5.

Hope that helps...

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

I never tried them on the rear of my 2002, just the front and the brakes are too large to fit the Lego Wheels. The stock 15" steel wheels off a 89 won't fit over my front brakes either.

Tom

Edited by ennacac

well...They fit! its a tight fit but they do. picked up 4 for $50.00. they need a cleaning but are in great shape, no dents or scratches, and two of the hub caps are cut out for manual hubs.

now to hunt down some tires!

• Like 1

How new are your pads? Ive heard of people fitting wheels fine. But when they change the brake pads they dont fit anymore. For you facelift only guys.

Sent from my Moto X

I hate to sound like a fool but could some one post a pic of what you call "Lego" rim? Mine look like in your pic Bushnut.. I have a black set and a chrome set from the late 90's. Where I live I have no other trucks to compare to...They have all rusted away

I read about that too it doesn't make any sense, the brake calliper does not change in size when new pads are installed.

It moves outward which causes it to hit the rim. (^_-)

Sent from my Moto X

• Like 1

I fit the rim on before I installed my spacers and it cleared just fine. now I've got an extra 1.25" of room so I don't think I'll have any problems.

• Like 1