Windshield wiper fluid low pressure?

rbaum94

I just got a new wiper fluid reservoir tank, replaced all of the hoses to the fluid shooters and to the tank itself, pulled out the 3-way and made sure it wasn't clogged, and I'm getting low pressure, it barely hits the bottom of the windshield.

Every once in a while it will shoot out correctly but only during that one time that I pushed it and it worked.. Could this be an electrical problem?

some times you will find the impeller clogs with crap and possibly silicone in your case ;P i found a small bit of pine needle had slowed mine down.

Or take the rubber hose off at the motor pump end and blow through the pipe with your mouth. There might be some crud in either the hose or the washer nozzles might be a bit blocked. Take them out and wash em. Removal is open the bonnet and using a small screw driver pry the plastic tabs inwards while pushing em up and out.

When you've been trying to spray the water the water goes through the hoses to the washer nozzles. My bet is there's crud in the lines and inside the nozzles. Clean them out with mum's sewing needle or try scrubbing with an old toothbrush.

I did a write up on the pump once. The shaft was siezed with corrosion/mineralization but the motor ran fine. I opened it up, roke the impeller shaft free, cheaned things up and it worked like a champ. Don't give up yet!

B

Here... http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/27661-wd21-windshield-washer-pump-blues/?hl=washer

Edited by Precise1

Doesn't hurt to check voltages too. Could be a supply/earthing problem, although probably 80% would be blocked nozzles/oneway valves and 15% motor seized problems. Leaving 5%for leaks

if both sprayers are weak, it's probably your pump going south. One way to check is temoprarily swap the lines and use your rear pump to flow through the front tubing. That will elimiante the tubing if it flows fine. Then pull the pump and disassemble it. Clean the impeller and lightly silicone everything that moves. I've rebuilt a few of these,

Another trick to try if you suspect crud blocking the nozzles or blocked hoses is get a glass of water, fill your mouth up then blow the water through the line from the pump end. Water should be coming out the other end of the hoses and it might dislodge anything causing the blockage. Also handy for checking blocked nozzles.