Nissan Patrol on CL in Houston

gv280z

Man....I really don't know what to do with this, pretending that I had the cash for it..It's pretty freaking awesome with the diesel engine and it's also hideously ugly, this thing is so ugly it may even add to its over all appeal. I was looking and wondering if anyone had bought it yet, and my next thought was...$9000 for a 24 year old legendary monster suv but your going to to want to repaint it....hmmmm, it probably hasn't sold yet. I'm sorry to be so disrespectful in the presence of vehicular superiority...but damn...is it just me?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4358106953.html

I just looked at it again, omg the thing is a beast. The battering ram on the front...LOL!

Edited by gv280z

It's not ugly, it is just old school 'styling' that kids these days don't understand, kind of like Jeep Wagoneers, ;)

Nice that it is a standard shift as well, but I think a little more info or some better pictures might be in order. Regardless, I have no place for it in my fleet. :shrug:

B

The beast of SUV's! Made back when SUVs were SUVs. It has power and fortitude.

Looking at it, has El Salvador plates on it.

It looks like it has a TX inspection sticker on the window. What I want to know is how they got it inspected there in TX.

They look much better in swb but I still prefer a wd21. These are about as common as you guys have jeeps or lifted pickup trucks.
193_dsc02138_600_x_450_170_2.jpg

Ugly? You sir need to look at it how to could be...

cd16d23333961343ac9f5c4c9fddcecf_zps14f5

Plenty of patrols, landcruisers and hilux's down here. Jeeps are sold in dealerships here so they are kinda common but most 4wders hate them. The pickup trucks that you have (and I mean the dedicated haulers not frontiers or tacomas) like ford f series dodge rams etc. those are the ones that are sought after. We have crazy vehicle import taxes here for vehicles built after a certain year (89 i think?) so it gets pretty pricey e.g a 2013 f350 is $130k+ or a 2013 mustang gt500 is $275k. But yes I would like a pickup truck that was made for hauling, jap or american.

Agreed, they are rare birds here.

Leo, how common are Jeeps or lifted pickup trucks down there? Would you want one? :D

B

Edited by Leo94

I actually saw one of those at the wreckers a while ago and im pretty sure it got crushed :thumbsdown:.

Find one with a high roof and you've got a triffic expedition vehicle..

29xu4pf.jpg

Do you get many 60 series Landcruisers in USA?

Find one with a high roof and you've got a triffic expedition vehicle..

29xu4pf.jpg

Do you get many 60 series Landcruisers in USA?

Nope. There are some Landcruisers, but I don't think I've ever seen one like that here. Looks like a good vehicle but I think I would favor a 4 door Defender. Way out of my practical price range though...

Plenty of patrols, landcruisers and hilux's down here. Jeeps are sold in dealerships here so they are kinda common but most 4wders hate them. The pickup trucks that you have (and I mean the dedicated haulers not frontiers or tacomas) like ford f series dodge rams etc. those are the ones that are sought after. We have crazy vehicle import taxes here for vehicles built after a certain year (89 i think?) so it gets pretty pricey e.g a 2013 f350 is $130k+ or a 2013 mustang gt500 is $275k. But yes I would like a pickup truck that was made for hauling, jap or american.

Too funny, Jeepers here are a cult and most are self important douches, kind of like the Hardly Ableson crowd.

I had no idea the import taxes were that insane, it more effectively doubles the price of the vehicle (with exchange rate I assume). :ohno01:

Still, you have quite a few cool vehicles We'll never see here in the states as well. I guess it is just the case of wanting what you don't have available.

I'm pretty happy with my Pathy though. :D

B

Nope. There are some Landcruisers, but I don't think I've ever seen one like that here. Looks like a good vehicle but I think I would favor a 4 door Defender. Way out of my practical price range though...

Too funny, Jeepers here are a cult and most are self important douches, kind of like the Hardly Ableson crowd.

I had no idea the import taxes were that insane, it more effectively doubles the price of the vehicle (with exchange rate I assume). :ohno01:

Still, you have quite a few cool vehicles We'll never see here in the states as well. I guess it is just the case of wanting what you don't have available.

I'm pretty happy with my Pathy though. :D

B

Yeah it's something like $40k in importing taxes not including freight itself i think, then there's the rhd conversion and insurance would be through the roof as its imported.I guess you could say the grass is greener on the other side, but yeah I would have agree that i'm happy with my wd21 also.