blacked out grill and TUFF LITES..

captandy

Blacked out my grill and factory fogs to match my recent HID headlite conversion.. They are amazingly bright, i wired directly to my

factory harness

IMG_20140318_102945_zps8pnswagm.jpg

IMG_20140318_102949_zps7woxb9g7.jpg

IMG_20140318_102629_zpsli8h18rh.jpgIMG_20140318_103037_zps54qpigul.jpg

IMG_20140320_072514_zpsug9qcvyk.jpg

Edited by captandy

I have two of the same exact light only round on the grill and the light bar on the roof. There incredibly bright and durable for sure. Had mine under water and in deep snow no problem. Enjoy!

Actually ,,,this was VERY simple.. i removed grill..(and didnt break it in my normal fashion..) and used existing bumper cover holes and some small stainless bolts.. Ready for this???? The holes matched up perfect for installing tuff lite brackets ! HOWEVER..as you see in picture, i installed them before i put grill back and the grill was hitting so i took them off and put grill on First and just slipped the bracket under it and was still able to reach behind and put bolts on.. NO cutting of grill

IMG_20140318_102949_zpsc64194aa.jpg

IMG_20140318_165917_zps903b13b1.jpg

Edited by captandy

• 2 weeks later...

Andy, I would like to do the same in regards to painting the grill, Please tell me how to remove it, i tried today without success...

Get yourself a flat head screwdriver and a flashlights. The clips are located here.

13554176753_91ccf32d1f_b.jpg

The four corners are easy to get to, but the middle one under the logo is a little tricky. Its best to go under the "Nissan" part of the emblem (be very careful not to scratch anything during all of this), get an idea of where the head of the clip is and then "using the force", try and line up your flat head into the clips.

The clips look like this.

13554319053_86ac137ee7_b.jpg

(these clips are the same through all of the R50's) Put your flat head into the slit of the clip and twist, aligning the square head of the clip into the square hole of the grille, (its best to have some light pressure pulling on the grille away from the core support, so get a buddy or Chuck Norris this all by yourself.) Dont be afraid to break these clips. Once you have all five clips freed of the grille, it should pop right off.

Now these clips are going to remain on the core support of the car and need to be removed in order to be installed back into the grille. Simply push on the two tabs at the point of the clip (what my fingers are touching in the photo). Push them together and pull.

Re-installing them into the grille is sort of annoying. Next to where these clips go on the grille, there will be a small, square peg that comes out, one of the sides of the square peg will be cut at an angle, align the point of the clip (with the square end of the clip facing towards the square hole of the grille) with the angular side of the peg, push down on the clip and twist. It takes some finagling but that's how I put this in.

Once all five are re-installed, do whatever you were going to do to it, line up the grille to the car (again be careful not to scratch anything) using the headlights and bumper fascia as a point of reference and push, you should hear all of the clips click back into position. Check this by pulling gently on each corner and center of the grill, or by visually checking each clip point.

Hopefully that made sense. Wrote this half asleep.

-Kyle

painted the rear and the sides same way...as well as " fender flares"the rear bumper(no pics) the same as frony IMG_20131203_123510_zpsa21f28fc.jpg

Edited by captandy