Opinions on the best rear setup to eliminate sag

jayjay6888

I have a 99 pathfinder and compete in audio. Truck currently has 31 x 10.50s and with the weight I have now barely clears in the rear with slight rub in the front at full tilt. All suspension is stock and id like to upgrade giving me more height and more strength In the back for the future upgrade of the substage

Currently have 4 110lb grp 31 batts in the rear along with a system that weighs at least 150. Shock absorbers are paper weights right now and springs are the originals from 99 im assuming it had 74k when I got it it has 100k now

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ironman springs; the rears are setup to hold 440lbs over stock. Fronts give about 35mm of lift. Progressive rate type of spring.

OME have a MD and HD setup. Not sure on spring rate. Progressive rate type of spring.

AC springs are the stiffest of them all. Does provide a full 2" of lift. But are extremely stiff and hard until broken in.

Depends on whether you want lift or not, but before I had my AC springs I had just Old Man Emu springs in the rear and the front were stock. I had a bit of forward lean with this setup, but with about 500 lbs in the back like you'll have it should sit just about level.

Airbags.

http://www.pcoa.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2973

Will suit you now, in the future and for every weight in between.

I can run mine with 5psi and it sits at standard spring height. Air up to 25psi and it goes up an inch.

These work, but in my opinion are more of a bandage to a bigger problem. His stock springs are definitely sagged after that many years/miles. I tried to do this with a set of airbags before I put new springs in and they worked for a while, until one developed a leak, Airlift sent me out a new one for free and then a few later one of my air lines got a leak in it. I constantly had around 200 lbs of tools in the back. I would say that this system would be good for someone who occasionally tows or hauls a heavy load, but not as a permanent solution for always having that kind of weight.

Yep fair call. I guess with anything that relies on air you need to make sure your install is spot on. I like the adjustability, but if your weight is constant then I would just go for an HD spring.

That being said, I carry a fair bit of weight. Probably 300lb over the rear axle. Sub, steel cargo cage, 85L dual fuel tank.

So only heavy duty options are going to lift the rear? Im not opposed to lifting was thinking of some strut spacers especially in thr front since my 31s rub right now

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Just as a referance point , I had 5 31x10.5x15's on stock steel wheels stuffed in my 96' with AC 2" springs and it felt like nothing back there at all .

I figure they weighed around 350 lbs. .

With the AC springs I'd have to wonder about having sensitive electronics back there though , they're kinda harsh .