No Turn signals, Horn, Cruise control, or Hazards

FindMe

I have a work in progress.. FINALLY got it running good. My next area of concern is as the title says. Checked relays and fuses under the dash and hood. all check good.. Could there be one common point of failure that made all not work? It was like this when I bought it.. It has had a bunch of wire added to it for stereo equipment and the neon lights underneath vehicle.

95 pathfinder 4x4 automatic 223,000 miles

The horn and cruise could be due to the steering wheel not making contact with the 3 pins that are on the part where the turn signal and wiper switch mount too, see my thread here on what I did to fix the horn and cruise here:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/35469-steering-wheel-contact-ring-spacers/

Your truck may not need spacers, I would pull the steering wheel first, make sure the steering wheel is sitting level so you can put it back in the same position when you are done, remove the one screw on the back lower that holds the horn pad on ( if it has the screw), than pull the horn pad out, don;t just rip it off as there is a wire for the horn connected to the pad, unplug the wire ( from either end), loosen but do not remove the nut holding the steering wheel on, grab the steering wheel at the 9 & 3 positions and while pulling towards you wiggle the steering wheel and it should come right off, you leave the nut on so the steering wheel doesn't slam you in the face.

After removing the steering wheel, try touching from one of the pins to the shaft the steering wheel sits on with a metal screw driver to see if the horn actually works, sorry I do not recall which pin out of the 3 is for the horn, if the horn blows than the problem could be the copper pins are worn down or they could be dirty, also check the metal rings on the rear of the steering wheel to make sure they are clean, they should have some grease on them but it does conduct electric.

Does your cruise light come on when you press the switch in the dash at all? If you find the horn works by jumping the pin as I stated above that may be why the cruise is not working, you can do as I did with the spacers or there is another write up on how to make the pins stick out further.

The cruise not working can also be due to the rubber bumper on the brake pedal lever under the dash being missing or it could be the vacuum line under the hood that comes off the cruise actuator, sometimes the end of the rubber hose will split and the hose will come off.

Do your turn signals work out side the truck, front or rear but not blink in the gauge cluster? Or do you get nothing at all? If nothing and all the fuses are good it could be the switch on the column.

If the turn signals work front and rear but not inside it may be bad bulbs, not likely that both would burn out at the same time though.

Check all this and write back, good luck

Edited by ahardb0dy

The horn and cruise could be due to the steering wheel not making contact with the 3 pins that are on the part where the turn signal and wiper switch mount too, see my thread here on what I did to fix the horn and cruise here:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/35469-steering-wheel-contact-ring-spacers/

Your truck may not need spacers, I would pull the steering wheel first, make sure the steering wheel is sitting level so you can put it back in the same position when you are done, remove the one screw on the back lower that holds the horn pad on ( if it has the screw), than pull the horn pad out, don;t just rip it off as there is a wire for the horn connected to the pad, unplug the wire ( from either end), loosen but do not remove the nut holding the steering wheel on, grab the steering wheel at the 9 & 3 positions and while pulling towards you wiggle the steering wheel and it should come right off, you leave the nut on so the steering wheel doesn't slam you in the face.

After removing the steering wheel, try touching from one of the pins to the shaft the steering wheel sits on with a metal screw driver to see if the horn actually works, sorry I do not recall which pin out of the 3 is for the horn, if the horn blows than the problem could be the copper pins are worn down or they could be dirty, also check the metal rings on the rear of the steering wheel to make sure they are clean, they should have some grease on them but it does conduct electric.

Does your cruise light come on when you press the switch in the dash at all? If you find the horn works by jumping the pin as I stated above that may be why the cruise is not working, you can do as I did with the spacers or there is another write up on how to make the pins stick out further.

The cruise not working can also be due to the rubber bumper on the brake pedal lever under the dash being missing or it could be the vacuum line under the hood that comes off the cruise actuator, sometimes the end of the rubber hose will split and the hose will come off.

Do your turn signals work out side the truck, front or rear but not blink in the gauge cluster? Or do you get nothing at all? If nothing and all the fuses are good it could be the switch on the column.

If the turn signals work front and rear but not inside it may be bad bulbs, not likely that both would burn out at the same time though.

Check all this and write back, good luck

Thanks. I will check it out after work