Headers and fuel lines

93pathyfiend

Just reinstalled my rebuilt vg30 with a set of obx headers. I heat wrapped the headers but am still worried about the fuel feed and return lines on the passenger side. My question is should I just go ahead and relocate these lines and possibly the filter or am I just being paranoid? My poor pathy has been sitting for months and is so close to rallying again... I just don't want it to burn to the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plenty of room, don't worry about it. Air is an excellent insulator and most of the time it it will be moving through that gap and the fuel flowing through the hose will actually cool it as well. Mine are almost that close to unwrapped headers and the oil lines for my filter relocation are closer than what you displayed.

I recommend you drive it and prove it to yourself, just for peace of mind. Open the hood after a drive when everything is nice and hot and feel what it is like...

B

• Like 1

Take that header wrap off. It increases temps of the header material to the point of deterioration, they need to breathe and dissipate heat. Your headers will fail prematurely and quickly.

Sweet I hate that wrap crap! I'll pull that off and drive it like mad! Thanks for the reassurance guys, and the oil relocation kit is next on my list... Any recommendations or specs to share would be appreciated! Thanks again

I hate that wrap crap!

LOL Then why did you put it on?

the oil relocation kit is next on my list... Any recommendations or specs to share would be appreciated!

Sorry, but I'm going to tell you to search for that one, it is well documented. The one thing I will point out is that if you get swivel barb fitting, ditch them, they will leak. Replace with solid barbs, get everything in place and make that connection last.

B

Searched for several times in different manners, ie oil filter relocation and remote filter and even the burnt starter threads... Still can't find what I was reading earlier. As for the wrap, I just rebuilt it and would've hated to watch it burn... So for 35 bucks why not. In retrospect I could've asked first!

Thanks for the links, I ordered from summit and had to send it back. They sent me a kit for Chevy v8, had to send it back for the right one.