Sun roof drain

blk01acr

I am having a leak down the drivers "A" pillar and suspect the sun roof drain as reported in other threads. At the front drivers corner of the sunroof there is a plastic assembly that I suspect is part of the drain. does this come off so I can access the drain tube, or does that have to be done by taking part of the headlined out?

Thanks

Yes , U can blow them out with compress air . Sometimes this is a temporary fix ,as the end of the drain hose, there is a grommet if it is harden it will clog up again. If U do not have compress air to blow then U have to remove the front tire and then

the plastic cover under the wheel arch to locate the drain hose end grommet .It will be on the lower side just at the same level as the side kick panel(interior kick panel) U can remove this grommet and clean it and then pour water down the sunroof to make sure water is draining. The grommet looks like a tapered point with slots cut like fingers ,I cut the tip to open up a bigger gap so that fine sand and dirt will not plug it up again. As this tip sometimes harden up and will not open to allow the dirt through and clogs up the drain.

Cutting the tip will help to ensure that dirt will flow out too. Or U can replace the grommet for $8.95 from Nissan.

• 5 weeks later...

so i think this is my problem also so what is happing to me though is that when it rains/i wash it my head liner on the passenger side gets soaked just around the right rear corner of the sunroof and by the door on the passenger side

That's funny, mine leaks onto the passenger's side sun visor mirror. And surprise! you get wet three days after it has rained.... right in your lap (or on your boobs, depending on gender).

sent from under Ernest the Pathfinder