Moog vs Parts Master Outer Tie Rod Ends

enginerd

Should I buy three Parts Master outer tie rod ends, for $40, and have a spare for if/when one fails (I hit a trail once a year), or spend $80 on two Moog ones?

Yes, I searched. I only found one thread in the R50 forum, from someone who ordered the Moog part, received a Parts Master box, and promptly returned it to the seller. But no feedback on actual Parts Master experience. With some general online searches, it sounds like Parts Master is a store brand, which buys parts from the major manufacturers, but those parts will not be the same as the original from the real manufacturer. But they should be at least OEM quality (??). To say it another way, the Moog ES3375 outer tie rod end is a better unit than the Parts Master ES3375, which is made to be "like" the Moog unit but may or may not be made by Moog.

I know that I should buy the Moog units, and want to buy the Moog units, but I'm on a tight budget. At the same time, I haven't been able to drive my truck for months, as I bent enough steering components on the last trail run to throw my alignment way out of whack. Lots of parts to buy, so I'm trying to make careful decisions. I found a used Calmini HD steering setup, but am replacing all the tie rod ends before installing it. I found inner tie rod ends for under $10 each on rockauto.com. But still have to buy outers, and centerlink TREs. I might add a second thread looking for options on the CL TREs... but I need to search first.

About the truck: JGC springs, and torsion bars are cranked. I'm a trail beginner, but the Northwest guys have taken me along a few times and I'm getting a little confident each time. I'd like to get aftermarket UCAs, and torsion bars, in that order, but again, price drives the upgrade schedule. Also, I'm thinking of selling the daily driver, since I like driving the Pathy so much, which would turn it into the DD.

As a follow-up, it took about 2 seconds of searching to realize that skimping on centerlink TREs is a bad idea. I'll just order from Calmini. Ignore that part above...