Anyone ever removed their doors for @!*%s and grins?

PrestonBurns

I think your first tool would have to be the wire cutters wouldn't it? If it was just the bolts that's one thing but I have heated/power mirrors, window and door lock controls, speakers...did I forget anything? No quick disconnects. I might do it for body work but I wouldn't be grinin'.

I didn't have to cut anything when I pulled the driver's door (power everything) off my WD. All the wiring had plugs... not easy plugs to get to, and certainly not easy plugs to stick through the rubber boots and fish through the bodywork, but plugs nevertheless. I would expect the R50 to be the same.

• Like 1

I think your first tool would have to be the wire cutters wouldn't it? If it was just the bolts that's one thing but I have heated/power mirrors, window and door lock controls, speakers...did I forget anything? No quick disconnects. I might do it for body work but I wouldn't be grinin'.

There is a massive plug that runs into the pillar of the car that has all of the wiring that runs to the door.

It makes assembly of the car easier, it rests just behind the rubber boot, so its not hard to get to. just a little tedious.

-Kyle

• Like 1

Heavy

Yes

It is if you have to.

I know where all the plugs are but I wouldn't take one off for @!*%s and grins is all I was saying. Yes there are plugs. Easy to get to no.

• Like 1

Yeah I got bored drinking beer with a truck buddy and this happend.....it was great only real downside was the loss of front speakers and tweeters.....so no doors but no sound. My next project is figuring out how to get an extra set of speakers in the truck without the doors. In other words make a soundbar.

side_zps86351b19.jpg

I just replaced the 2 driver side doors (as some of you are aware, I had an argument with a boulder) & I can honestly say when you're holding them up to get the bolts back in the hinges, they're F*#@ing heavy!

Also, as some have said, there's one big plug that goes into the pillar that can be a royal pain in the arse to get out & back. :lmao: