ECM Got Wet....

mikestewart395

I have a spare ecm for my 91 I took the board out of the case and dipped it in electronic coating. I still have not tested it to see if it is water tight. I was planning on making a video of starting the pathfinder and then dropping the board into a bucket of water to see is it worked I never got around to doing it.

One of these days I will test to see if it is waterproof. I know that is still works after doing the coating, So the coating did not damage it.

Edited by msavides

Yea, JY here has a few, around 60 bucks.

Me and the wife taking our Pathy for a swim on a sunny Sunday afternoon. The death of my ECM, lol. I need some pontoons!!!

IMG_20140216_135353_zpsf77fe4ea.jpg

That picture reminds me of this one...

Confidence.jpg

Next time set the air bags off with your forehead and float across? Sorry about the ECM but on the upside you got a great pic!

:lol:

I have a spare ecm for my 91 I took the board out of the case and dipped it in electronic coating. I still have not tested it to see if it is water tight. I was planning on making a video of starting the pathfinder and then dropping the board into a bucket of water to see is it worked I never got around to doing it.

One of these days I will test to see if it is waterproof. I know that is still works after doing the coating, So the coating did not damage it.

Yes, please do, that would be a great thing to do if it worked!

B

• Like 1