Tweeters, dome light driving me crazy

Rebelord

Ok. 99 Pre facelift with factory Bose stereo. Where are the tweeters wired to? They randomly work when they want to then stop. Heck, I didnt even know they weren't working until they decided to do this in the past week.

Center dome. Doesnt work 99% of the time. Bulb is good, can remove then put it back in. May work a few times then stops. Contacts are good not corroded and hold the bulb in good.

Looking for ideas here on this one.

Not sure on the tweeters but for the dome light I would take the whole thing down and check where the plug attaches too, make sure any metal contacts that are riveted to the plastic base are tight and there is no corrosion on the top. Not sure what the switch uses to go from "On, OFF, & Door" on the PF but on my sentra there is a small metal ball, looks like a BB or ball bearing that moves when you move the switch and makes contact on different metal contacts, mine was dirty and the switch itself the pivot was bad so I had to replace the pivot with a bolt and nut. But again not sure how the PF does the switching inside.

Thank you for the diagram. One of these days I'll get a chance to clean out my truck and take off the side panel. Maybe just a loose connection at the amplifier. I hope that is all. Seriously contemplating just replacing the whole system and re wiring it all.

• 3 weeks later...

dome lights operate on the door switch, when door opens the switch ground out to complete the circuit and the light come on.

U may have a bad switch ground either the switch is broken or corroded ground contacts. Remove the switch and check.

To check which door switch has a bad ground or faulty switch open and close each door and see which door is causing the problem

that is which door will not make the dome light come on when open or go off when close.

most likely is the driver's door I guess.

dome lights operate on the door switch, when door opens the switch ground out to complete the circuit and the light come on.

U may have a bad switch ground either the switch is broken or corroded ground contacts. Remove the switch and check.

To check which door switch has a bad ground or faulty switch open and close each door and see which door is causing the problem

that is which door will not make the dome light come on when open or go off when close.

most likely is the driver's door I guess.