This will make you want to buy a Z car

Karmann

Basically there will be at the top the GT-R as a high performance hybrid, then an all electric blade glider which an exec said 'will be the best handling car you've ever driven, but with zero emissions', then the new purified Z (finally!) with a downsized v6 turbo, and finally the BRZ fighter called the IDx, which was the concept I showed pictures of a while back and looks like a 510. I'm excited.

That will be exciting.

That IDx looked really good, i didn't they were going to bring a production version of it, i just hope that shape finds it way into the production model, and not a 2015 WRX story where the concept looked AMAZING and the production had almost zero of the unique stlye features the concept had. Let's hope Nissan just gets lazy again like they did with 350Z. :laugh:

I also cant WAIT to see a NISMO GTR fly by me some day, i went to Nissan day to see if i could part that day, and they had just annouced when they were going to reveal the NISMO GTR, and i was asking about it to the dealer and they had no clue what i was talking about. They're like "well we got the black and track edition, which have a NISMO wing, and some minor NISMO areo on it, but no "NISMO edition" coming" the part's counter guy at my local dealer was also a complete moron.

This is why i only do business with Rob, because at-least he know's what he is talking about.

Nice. I greatly dislike how they totally skipped the Z31... it was the best selling and most bastardized Z car ever. It was also very technologically advanced, powerful, and luxurious. At the time, Nissan couldn't make the body any more aerodynamic then it already was.

Agreed, would have love to see them more thoroughly cover the 80's series, because I frankly see the 280zx as the low point of the Z, when compared to all of the other Z's, and especially follow the original S30 Z, they tried too hard to keep too much of the S30 when they designed it. The only consolation was they DIDN'T do that for the Z31. Still really want to get one of those, but my love for the S14 shape is too great!!

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123
  • Like 1

That will be exciting.

That IDx looked really good, i didn't they were going to bring a production version of it, i just hope that shape finds it way into the production model, and not a 2015 WRX story where the concept looked AMAZING and the production had almost zero of the unique stlye features the concept had. Let's hope Nissan just gets lazy again like they did with 350Z. :laugh:

I also cant WAIT to see a NISMO GTR fly by me some day, i went to Nissan day to see if i could part that day, and they had just annouced when they were going to reveal the NISMO GTR, and i was asking about it to the dealer and they had no clue what i was talking about. They're like "well we got the black and track edition, which have a NISMO wing, and some minor NISMO areo on it, but no "NISMO edition" coming" the part's counter guy at my local dealer was also a complete moron.

This is why i only do business with Rob, because at-least he know's what he is talking about.

-Kyle

Agreed, it was very frustrating, but apparently it drives really well. I always have a bit of subie love for some reason anyway. :laugh: I haven't had the pleasure of a NISMO GT-R rip past me, but I have had a pearl '12 GT-R make some serious speed right next to me before, while entering the freeway. It was majestic. :wub: Though to be honest, if I had that kind of money I'd get something that's fun even at low speeds like a spec-d up Boxter, low end 911, or my love, the new Stingray Z06. :FartExplode-vi: That or a million used cars. Most likely the latter. :laugh:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On a VERY serious note,

If anybody can help me find a 1969-1975 Datsun Z Car (240z/260z/280z)
And I end up buying it I will pay them a finders fee.

But, here's the catch: I will only buy a 2+2 model

Wow nice choice, I can't really see in the pictures, but how much of it is original?

If you click on it you can see closer via the photobucket link.

Everything interior is orignal exept the pedals, brake and shifter handle and steering wheel.

All sheetmetal is straight (some of it rusting) the side skirts, front air dam, spoiler and rear bumper are aftermarket.

The whole car was rattle canned silver hence why it looks like crap, it did not hold up to the weather. Original color is black.

Under the hood allot of stuff is missing (nothing critical) and even more will be missing when I get done cleaning up. And came with headers :)

Good floor pan, a little rust on the left frame rail and a little rust holes hiding under ALL the fiberglass body parts.

The Odometers on these vehicles only have 5 digits so it says "52K" but that could also be 152k, 252k or 352k... the seller didn't know either.

From 2000-2010 the car was a daily driver.
2010-2012 it got parked and started / maybe taken for a cruize once a month.
2012-2014 it was parked and forgotten about. It would not run on its own when I bought it.

I'm pretty certain its 252k or 352k but I really have no way of knowing for sure now do it?

If you click on it you can see closer via the photobucket link.

Everything interior is orignal exept the pedals, brake and shifter handle and steering wheel.

All sheetmetal is straight (some of it rusting) the side skirts, front air dam, spoiler and rear bumper are aftermarket.

The whole car was rattle canned silver hence why it looks like crap, it did not hold up to the weather. Original color is black.

Under the hood allot of stuff is missing (nothing critical) and even more will be missing when I get done cleaning up. And came with headers :)

Good floor pan, a little rust on the left frame rail and a little rust holes hiding under ALL the fiberglass body parts.

Sounds like a hell of a project to me :)

• 2 weeks later...

On a VERY serious note,

If anybody can help me find a 1969-1975 Datsun Z Car (240z/260z/280z)

And I end up buying it I will pay them a finders fee.

But, here's the catch: I will only buy a 2+2 model

Why a 2+2?

EDIT: just made it through the tread, nice find, seems like its very solid, so nice work, sounds beastly,

Any plans for the exterior or are you keeping that body kit?

Cant beat the classic 240 bumpers with an air dam, atleast in my opinion that's the best combo....

Irwindale-2013-17-copy.jpg

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Why a 2+2?

EDIT: just made it through the tread, nice find, seems like its very solid, so nice work, sounds beastly,

Any plans for the exterior or are you keeping that body kit?

-Kyle

We'll see what happens, the front clip is pretty chewed up and there is rust hiding under every body kit piece. Probably gonna pull the kit off, fix rust and decide from there...

I really want to make the front fenders look like a Baldwin Motion C3 Stingray... The one that uses Tunnel Headlights like the Z.

vemp_1011_01%201971_baldwin_motion_phase

Because kids

YEP! Somebody's smart :)