Trail App?

mikestewart395

I was in the woods last weekend and a Jeep Club was parked by a mud hole, looking lost as usual, one guy kept asking me where a blah blah canal was. He said his app was saying it was right here. Later it kind of dawned on me he was looking at an app on his phone. Anyone know anything about an off road/trail app?

I'm not sure about your area but I know that there are downloadable patches for showing forest service roads on digital maps ( at least for gps) also I tend to use the unreliable google earth... But hey if you're lost anything is better than nothing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are numerous apps for off road nav, I have an iPad app (I use aniPad with a 'Ram Mount' for nav) called "MotionX GPS". You can choose between several topo maps&/or use satellite photo navigation (I use satellite a lot), these can be downloaded so that you can use them without a cell signal. There's also "PDF Maps", "Ovital", "Trail Explorer", "EveryTrail", "View Ranger", "Terrain Navigator Pro" & a host of others. Some are "free" but the're a bit limited in what you can do, most charge a small fee. :itsallgood:

memory map for android tablets and phones works well it can use topo maps as well as digital maps. a mob here called hema maps does trips all over the joint doing manual trail/off road way points they are expensive but very accurate and upto date :)