congratulations SteeevO

Nissanland

Rugged Rocks, SteeevO pathfinder has been picked by off-road magazine as one of the 4best 4x4 trucks posted in the magazine. This is the 2nd time in last 6months the Nissan pathfinder has been written about. Does all of us WD owners proud. Again congratulations SteeevO

Edited by Nissanland
  • Like 7

Nice!

What a lot of people don't know is years ago this kid showed up with a white 2wd Pathfinder, asking questions about how to convert it to 4wd. He got some help but figured most of it out on his own, most of us just recommended buying a 4x4 instead. Fast forward to now, he has one of the nicest SAS Pathy around, owns Rugged Rocks and has developed many custom parts for the community.

Well done SteeevO! :clap:

B

• Like 4

Thanks guys!

Remember those days B?

A TON has changed in ~8 years!

Its a bit funny looking back at where I started. Digging up some of those old threads are a bit comical in a way but we all have to start somewhere. Hopefully some of those old threads are still helpfull to people today.

Things are a total 180 from my first days here on this board. But there is always something new to learn and a new project in the works.

Sent while mobile, typos likely.

Yes, yes I do. :D

Some of it anyway... :unsure:

we all have to start somewhere. Hopefully some of those old threads are still helpfull to people today.

Yep, that is exactly correct, and I am sure they do; that's what the whole site is about.

While you obviously had the drive and ability, I Iike to think NPORA helped you back then as well... :aok:

B

• Like 1

Absolutely npora was a big part of getting things started! There are a number of crucial things that have happened in my life that lined up as if it was meant to be, getting me started in wheeling, Nissan's, etc.. npora was definitely one of those things.

I think we should get off road magazine to do a piece on a NPORA pathfinder trail rally. Maybe one on the winter rally done up in Elbe. The utube video of the run is awesome. Or maybe SteeevO could do a southern California run and get some good press and maybe more aftermarket support created for our brand of trucks just like SteeevO has been doing for the Nissan"s. What do you think........SteeevO has given us the best opportunity to get some real recognition for our brand of trucks.

I like where you're going with this but what aftermarket parts do you have in mind that don't exist?

Like.. if we had more aftermarket support, what products would we direct the manpower to?

I think we could benefit from more suspension parts and upgrades, accessories for the engine,interior, exterior mods, and especially front bumper options with winch mounts. All these things could be good for the pathfinder owners and your business could benefit from the broader range of parts especially if they are of a high quality. What you have been doing has opened up a door for the aftermarket parts and accessories world to see what the Nissan's are capable of doing, not just the jeep,Toyotas or a big three products. We need to get noticed to get companies see that we're worthwhile creating parts for.

Can you elaborate on the parts you mentioned? What would you be looking for in for in a suspension setup that currently isn't offered?

As well as what other new parts would you want available that would be different from the currently offered ones?

I know bumper choices are pretty much non existent these days for the wd21 but there really isn't much/nearly any demand for them these days. Even ARB, a world wide company that doesn't need to produce more than 5 or 10 at a time has discontinued their wd21 bumper.

Im all ears and am totally up for building new parts and instigating new projects with various companies but there has to be original ideas behind the design of the parts as well as some demand for them.

Kingman has the right idea of what im thinking about, not all of us have the time, resources or knowledge to install a sas, would be nice to have different options for the ifs. I have been fiddling around with the coil over idea, or something like a coil spring with some kind of multi link to keep the corners located but still have good articulation. Also we don't really need to have new bumpers designed for the pathfinder, just need to have mounting/conversion kits designed so we can use the current bumpers on the market.

Well, just because you asked....

Bumpers, yes. ARB style, no. Tube bumpers with a winch plate would be sweet. Tube, stinger, whatever you want to call it. Like trailgear makes for toyota. Not so much weight and cost would be less.

Oh, and a coil sas kit(no leafs).

Again, just cause you asked.

I've considered doing bumpers but its not easy making it a bolt on solution that can support a winch on these trucks. There is a bunch of stuff in the way. And really the trail gear bumper prices aren't that bad.

As far as a sas kit goes i just need to build one more truck like mine to.verify fitment. I have 2 people interested and should be pulling the trigger on that too. Using 14" travel coilovers.

Basically the exact same setup as mine.