Anyone able to help me find out where I adjust fuel flow? (Carburator)

PerlNinja

So my Z24 still has the factory standard carburator on it, and while I know where the idle adjust screw is, I can't figure out where to regulate fuel flow. As far as I can tell the engine runs very rich on account of a hideous gasoline smell coming from the exhaust, and when the engine is running and I look down into the carb I can see drops of gas fall out the little fuel pipes, which makes me think it's close to drowning itself. Then again, not a mechanic so... you know :P

Anyway, I took some pics. (turns out they're rather blurry, sorry... it was a bit dark and my phone doesn't take very good pics).

Below pic taken from front of the engine, the little round thing in the top right is best described as a little plunger, when the AC kicks in it extends and pushes open the throttle a little bit.

p2gR3uk.jpg

Aaaand it's the only useable picture. Damn. Hope someone can give me a hint :)

I know very little about carbs, but after a little searching around elsewhere :clickdalink:, it sounds like the floats may be stuck. If it's literally dripping out of the jets it's probably not an issue of adjustment. Sounds like the best place to start would be taking it apart and cleaning it out, in case it's just dirty, and if the parts look worn or the seals are shot, see if you can source a rebuild kit.

Get a weber 32/36 carb, it's a pretty common mod for the z24, there several writeups on the internet and you can get adapter plates and whatnot on ebay.

Hmm, problem with getting anything off eBay is getting it into the country without paying the usual "courtesy tax" to the customs officers :/ The main nissan maintenance location here stocks stock (heh) carbs but they run at about $400, which is... about the same price as I'd pay for anything off eBay plus said courtesy tax. Might just get that...

Even a rebuild kit will draw the attention of the customs hounds (and we're not talking canines here), and thus will be levied with the usual courtesy tax. Unfortunately being a foreigner, I then get to pay the additional white man tax on top of that, so the total cost (and the time spent having to wrestle my stuff out of their hands) makes it a rather inconvenient exercise :(

I do have a line on 2 wrecked pathies, they got rear-ended and are currently sitting at the toll road operators' wrecking yard not too far from my place, gonna go there tomorrow and see if I can scavenge anything useful off it, probably going to cost me a couple packs of cigarettes and a few cups of coffee so that ain't too bad.