The final word on lifting the R50 at a low Cost

fleurys

Correct. It's not bad - but it's there. It's the kind of noises that make me not confident wheeling it hard. I drive around in 2WD with the FWH's unlocked 99% of the time....but still.

My measurement from center of hub to gaurd is 530mm if that helps you compare against someone elses lifted truck.

Hey! Im seriously considering the 1" spacers front and rear. Im also tempted by the 1.5" spacers front and rear = a 2" lift. Im wondering is there any additional work that needs to be done for either of the lifts. What Im asking is that can you put the spacers in with stock suspension and be good to go or do you have to deal with cv work, break lines anything like that? Would the 1" spacers be the safer bet for prolonging the life of parts?

Thanks for any info!

Hey! Im seriously considering the 1" spacers front and rear. Im also tempted by the 1.5" spacers front and rear = a 2" lift. Im wondering is there any additional work that needs to be done for either of the lifts. What Im asking is that can you put the spacers in with stock suspension and be good to go or do you have to deal with cv work, break lines anything like that? Would the 1" spacers be the safer bet for prolonging the life of parts?

Thanks for any info!

There is no additional work or parts needed when doing the spacer lift...

Like any kind of lift, the bigger the lift the more things gets to be disturbed from their original position... I'm thinking at cv angles, driveshaft angles, control arm bushings, trailing arm bushings, etc...

They were riding at a specific height/angle for all their 'life'..then adding a lift will change that. When you lift a vehicle, you can have issues with those things if they were almost at their end of life... So if you have an old cv that has a dried up and cracked boot, you can expect the boot to tear if you put any lift... Same thing goes for bushings or u-joints...

So the smaller the lift , the lesser chances you will have problems... This is pretty much a universal 'lifted truck' statement..

S.

• Like 1

So other than the cheaper price, which I like, what would be the benefits of doing these vs. the AC lift? I'm torn in what to do here. My options I was considering are one if the AC lift packages that had everything but pricey! Or doing these in the 2.5 front and 2 in rear for 3 total level inches. I would also replace the struts with kyb and get some acdelco front and rear coils which are OEM length along with longer rear shocks. I wanted to know if I'd be losing out on anything by do these spacers instead of the AC lift. As most people seem to have the AC lift. Because my thought is that if I can get the same performance out of these spacer that I would get out of the AC lift I'd rather go this route. Any ideas, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So other than the cheaper price, which I like, what would be the benefits of doing these vs. the AC lift? I'm torn in what to do here. My options I was considering are one if the AC lift packages that had everything but pricey! Or doing these in the 2.5 front and 2 in rear for 3 total level inches. I would also replace the struts with kyb and get some acdelco front and rear coils which are OEM length along with longer rear shocks. I wanted to know if I'd be losing out on anything by do these spacers instead of the AC lift. As most people seem to have the AC lift. Because my thought is that if I can get the same performance out of these spacer that I would get out of the AC lift I'd rather go this route. Any ideas, thanks.

Difference is cost, and maintaining stock ride quality with the spacers. For me, I realized the stock spring rate was a little too soft for my liking, as it provided a great highway ride, but in the end too much body roll and up/down movement when encountering a pothole or coming off a boulder etc. Again, if it were me, I recommend the OME system as it has a great highway ride, no top out (that I've experienced at least), and solid handling benefits.

Edited by Karmann

I like the idea of more lift than what the ome kit provides. Ride quality isn't much of a factor for me I don't mind a rougher ride. I'm more on does one lift option perform better than the other. I kind of want a little softer spring rate as from what I understand the AC lift is really really stiff and doesn't give much. So I'm ok with a bit softer springs. I just wanted to make sure the spacers are as good off-road as the AC lift.

What setup is this like what size spacers on the front and what size in the back?? Too much rack in the back for me but good amount of lift back there for sure!

Its fluerys 2 inch front and rear spacers, my original springs are odd

What setup is this like what size spacers on the front and what size in the back?? Too much rack in the back for me but good amount of lift back there for sure!

Its fluerys 2 inch front and rear spacers, my original springs are odd

• 2 weeks later...

I want to purchase the AC 2'' lift from 4x4parts.com.. I read in the thread that you don't recommend doing this lift and adding your spacers? and what exact lift do you have in that picture there.. im a little new to this I just got a 97 pathfinder and im looking to lift it.

In the picture, the truck has original coil springs (OEM). I don't recommend putting a full 2" of spacers with the AC, but many (including me) have put 1" front spacers with the AC springs.

My spacers are for those who want to keep the spring rate and smooth ride, while lifting for bigger tires. If you need more info, you can pm me or write at steve_fleury3 -at- yahoo -dot- com

S.

So if I put a 1.5" spacer up front and a 2" one in the rear that would level the truck right? Also with this set up I should be able to run 31 inch tires w/o trimming shouldn't I? What size tires are on the patchy in the picture?

Yes it will level if your truck is half inch higher in the back.. Just measure you truck,s height and build yourself a custom lift with my spacers.. Everything is written on my website! The truck on the picture is running 32"

• Like 1