Just a few of my favorite things

gv280z

Awesome drone and Go Pro camera tech for the private sector:

(I just love this stuff and I get charge out of all of the many of gazillions of implications what will arise from this, and not all in a good way...but it is exciting)

We already know how the Go Pro has revolutionized camera tech but this next vid is a true testament how frigging amazing the new tech is.

I could go on and on about how truly amazing this is, I can't even wrap my brain around it. I hope we never get complacent to this

Just consider this next one as 'An Ode to That Which we Shall never have the freedom to experience in the US' This is waaay too unregulated and free and fraught with dangerous implications for us to ever be able to have this here in our place.

That looks sooo SWEET!!!! I love it! It's too bad we live in such a Nanny state, we can never have this here.

Edited by gv280z
  • Like 1

Funny enough, I have seen these before. I agree the tech is cool and it has many valuable applications, especially SAR.

It's too bad we live in such a Nanny state, we can never have this here.

True, we won't be allowed to utilize it other than in the most limited scope, but LEOs and para-military already have it and are using it. It is for your protection citizen, move along... ;)

B

. It is for your protection citizen, move along...

B

{shudder} you just gave me chills. Shadows of Half Life 2 and the Combine. I mean I literally heard your voice through your amplified respirator / gas mask.

I sell these cameras at my work and I thought about getting one.....then I thought about it, and remembered all the stupid 8mm films of my uncles vacations I had to sit through when I was a kid. My life just isn't exciting enough to film.

• Like 1

I suspect it's less nanny state and more people being sue-happy and therefore paranoid of lawsuits.

I'm trying to talk my dad into getting a drone to document his fish projects... I tried strapping a stripped-down Flip camera to a helicopter but it just wasn't the same. Turns out, Flip camera circuit boards can't survive a 100' fall with no case to protect them.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Just remember, if you shoot it, you eat, it... ;)

That does remind me of an article about game wardens using them to address the poaching of elephants and rhinos. Good use for the tech... :aok:

{shudder} you just gave me chills. Shadows of Half Life 2 and the Combine. I mean I literally heard your voice through your amplified respirator / gas mask.

That is probably where I got it from as well! Now I want to play 1/2 life 2... :D

Too bad it is going that direction. Police have cameras mounted to their cruisers, but if they catch someone filming them in the line of duty, they will usually try to take the camera/memory or arrest the person. It kind of seems opposite the way it should be... :shrug:

B

That is probably where I got it from as well! Now I want to play 1/2 life 2... :D

B

Actually I'd forgotten I've just finished "Rage" that also has oppressive totalitarian government types in mask and armor, (The Authority) they sound the same as the Combine so that was the actual memory knee jerk I'd had, BUT Half LIfe 2 and episodes 1 and 2 highly recommeneded..

And I did really enjoy Rage, the characters are completely twisted off psychos and so, very entertaining, along with a few really smokin hot game-Babes drawn in for good measure.

I was just wondering earlier (since a show about it was on) why no one has taken a drone to Area 51. You can buy a quad copter with a cam that will fit in the palm of your hand that will transmit the video live for a couple hundred dollars. Just wire up electronics with more range. It would have to be a one time use thing, because I doubt it would make it in let alone back out, and if you did make it out it would lead them right to you to confiscate the vid you did get.

It is just odd, the fanatics will climb a hill 5 miles away to look through a telescope at the place, so surprised none have tried sending in a drone, either land or air.

They are quite easy to build, using an Arduino to program the functions and logic.. sensors can be had for cheap online. Robotics is part of the industrial automation diploma I'm just about finished so I plan to build some automated drone systems once school is done and i have the time, just for fun and experience really. I don't agree with them in a government setting, so ill make my own to counter them. If you cant beat them....adapt their own tech and use it against them! Haha.

It's kind of crazy what can be done for very little money when it comes to automated systems and robotics in this day and age. We are still trying to brainstorm what to do for our end of year capstone project for the course and drone integration is one of the ideas floating around.

I was just wondering earlier (since a show about it was on) why no one has taken a drone to Area 51. You can buy a quad copter with a cam that will fit in the palm of your hand that will transmit the video live for a couple hundred dollars. Just wire up electronics with more range. It would have to be a one time use thing, because I doubt it would make it in let alone back out, and if you did make it out it would lead them right to you to confiscate the vid you did get.

It is just odd, the fanatics will climb a hill 5 miles away to look through a telescope at the place, so surprised none have tried sending in a drone, either land or air.

They patrol quite a bit farther than a 5 mile radius, have FLIR tech, motion/vibration sensors on the roads, etc...

http://science.howstuffworks.com/space/aliens-ufos/area-513.htm

B

I need to see that movie, never seen it..heard of it tho...I know the catch line at the end hehe..B-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

That is nice man...this is what I'm talking about, all this great tech is colliding in such a way now as to give us ways of shooting film and photography on an intimate level that hasn't really been practically accessible before. Now we've got Amazon and some place in Russia or somewhere crazy like that delivering items via drone! These are truly wonderous times we're living in...and all I wanna do is play with 80s Japanese sports cars, you gotta love em.