Diesel Engine

SUPERPOLLO

HI you?

I own a nissan pathfinder, known as terrano, Disel Engine 2.7 TD 100 h. I wish to start a new topic,, I don't see many people talking about it.

Actually I am living in Barcelona (Spain) but in february I will translate my residence with my family in USA, New Mexico, and my nissan is coming with me¡¡¡¡ I will never let it down, after so many adventures toghether here in Spain... I can not live without it, so I find a company that helps me to ship the car from Barcelona to Houston.

Then would be nice to have somebody in that fórum to talk about diesel engine. There's someone who owns a Diesel engine?

Thanks

Edited by SUPERPOLLO
  • Like 1

:welcome:

Yes, there are a few of us...

There's a section here for Diesel motors and if you look into Member's Rides you can see more, specially Australian's.

Have fun searching and asking for help.

Other than the motor everything else is the same.

We love pics.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club man! I have one of the few TD27-T Diesel pathfinders in the good ol'e USA. I belive I have a Homy Van motor swapped into my 1991 Pathfinder 4x4 , 5 speed manual. I agree we need more information on NPORA. I frequent some of the new zealander offroad forums for more specific nissan diesel types of information; Would love to find some others on this side of the globe.

• Like 1

Hi you¡¡¡ Nice to meet you

I will have my nice pahty runing throuth the USA in february 2014 thanks to God¡¡¡ I am living actually in Barcelona (Europe) moving to the USA, the best country in the world to own a pathy (and many other things¡¡¡ :lmao:), but for diesel cars... I will ship my car and my personal belongings (international move) so I will have also one of the few 2.7 TD engines. In Spain is not even popular, just a few (all diesel, but just a few) so it's important for me to share information and knowledge about it, specially in the USA.

Was a hard work to find the way to move, but I could never live without it, after so many adventures... Was a hard work to make sure the pathy TD was allowed to drive in the USA, but now I know there's a few thanks to npora and other... but I need someone to share information about how to care. Even in Eurpe, wnhere mostly pathy are diesel, is not easy to find replacements...

This is why for the last five years I decided to use the car only to go to work, from the house to the work, to the work to the house... just in case, but I was so emotioned to use it for what it is made.

My american family when they came to Barcelona to visit to me, they got surprised about the different noise, the powerfull motor althought slow, the good mileage (ah, that's the best)...and I can wait either, couse at first I thought I could not bring my pathy with me.

So I am happy to find someone with a TD, I agree we need more information, we have been forgotten always... Sorry I am writing to much, but it's my firs day in that fórum :laugh:, and I am also trying to find the way to post fotos¡¡¡ ??? :wub:

We can share information whenever you want.

I just ordered some glow plugs from www.rockauto.com ; I think the thermostat is the same from a Nissan Sentra. It's a pretty straight forward motor. I love the MPG with this motor, quite impressive! It is a slow beast, but fun to drive!

I've taken a look at Rockauto and other webs lately, because I need some parts for the car, I've not found in Barcelona. Buy a Nissan Terrano is imported, there are only a few, still running so there is nothing in the scrapyards. I need an antenna, I broke into the car wash. I will also need to fill the gas for air conditioning. Five years ago it was over and since then I've not been replaced. With the hot weather in summer in New Mexico it's a must¡¡¡

My family and friends can't wait to se it¡¡¡ Yes, the MPG of this car is impressive, it shall be the car for long trips.

OK, but now I can not think about trips in the USA, not yet, first I've got something to do. Next month I need to focus on the way to move the car, the "big move". Lots of paperwork, and I need help also about logistics. That's going to be another story¡¡¡

Happy new year everybody :lmao:

I have the same problem, here in Portugal.

The only European countries that they were sold in Germany and Belgium, if not mistaken. Mine came from Belgium....

You won't have a problem sorting those things in the US, as for the engine parts, that could be another story.

All the best on the "big move".

HAPPY NEW YEAR. :beer:

GREGINPENYAFORT02-10-20131_zpsd9c9235b.j

Hi, I think I've got it???

Well, hope you can see it, that's my pathy-terrano in our last climbing. We are at the castle of Penyafort, somewhere in the mountains close to Barcelona.

I am going to do a story ilustrated about the "big move".

It seems ironic, but the hardest trip we are going to do shall be from Barcelona to Houston by ship¡¡¡.

Couse I just said: "not without my pathfinder"¡¡¡

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the club man! I have one of the few TD27-T Diesel pathfinders in the good ol'e USA. I belive I have a Homy Van motor swapped into my 1991 Pathfinder 4x4 , 5 speed manual. I agree we need more information on NPORA. I frequent some of the new zealander offroad forums for more specific nissan diesel types of information; Would love to find some others on this side of the globe.

I am contemplating this engine swap; td 2.7 5 speed into a 92 auto pathy, I have the clutch pedal setup out of a 92 d 21 is there anything to look out for how about wiring issues? I assume the td 2.7 is mechanical diesel and just needs hot fuel solenoid to run. Any and all info would be appreciated.

mine is a factory diesel, it is en route to the us from spain at the moment, so i can not show you fotos at the moment. there is a company in utah that specializes in deisel swaps, you should look them up for mechanical questions. once mine is here, i will gladly show you fotos and email the factory book