Dash Swap

93_ditchfindah

Hey everybody
im swapping out my 93 pathfinder xe square dash with my 94 nissan pathfinders rounded dash. its just about a complete bolt back in but ive read the 94 is an electronic speedo and my 93 is a cable speedo? and was wondering to know if there was any easy way of getting around this? i also need the radio wire diagram for my 93 pathy. the clown who had it before me cut the harness off and put a stock ford ranger radio in... :angry:

A stock Ford Ranger radio? :lol:

Crutchfield has a writeup with the color codes for the stereo wires. You could find it through their site or look for the write-up I did on bypassing the amps, which has the links IIRC.

I dunno about the dash swap, sorry.

Oh my gawd.....better remember where everything goes. You might end up with 18 left over screws. Had that happen on another project of mine (only 6 screws), couldn't for the life of me find where they went.

• Like 1

:ohno01:

Short of a new harness... the FSM diagrams will be your friends. Looks like there's some info about the Clifford thing online, and if you can find a wiring diagram for that, you should be able to figure out which wires were cut to install it.

the fsm? and where are the clifford diagrams?!? ive been searching all night just for the damn radio wiring. i looked into that clifford alarm company and a few shops around me actually install it. and i mean.... a guy who can hook it up,should be able to rip it out

atleast i got my dash ready... running my lines for subs and putting in done light for driver/passenger.

1229131535b_zpspwchtkey.jpg

and for slartibartfast heres what the real joke is...

1229131534_zps7mh6cfw6.jpg

but on a good note i ripped out all my seats, and started replaceing with my other pathys seats. i think it looks awesome gray on blue..

1229131535a_zps7pmn7imv.jpg

so easy my girl could do it!and yes shes a keeper.... the truck i mean.

1229131359_zpsmohks4nc.jpg

• Like 1

how can i override this damn thing without making the truck never wanna start again haha?!? 1229131334b_zpsvfj0lqu9.jpg

I want to say its the red and orange wires you will be interested in... But I could be wrong. Follow those first and find where they go?

For the alarm, the main wire to eliminate will be the thickest one that goes up under the steering column cover, they usually cut the wire going to the starter for the starter kill and splice it into the alarm wire, if you find that wire and put the two halves back together at least you eliminate the starter kill. Than just follow the other wires and eliminate them. For the door sensors alarm installers will usually tap into the dome light wiring or they may run a wire to the drivers door pin. There should also be a wire that ges to the parking lights ( to make them flash) and the horn.

But the starter kill wire is most important.

Here is the wiring diagram for that alarm:

http://www.msvmaster.lv/car-alarm/instructions-manuals-diagrams/clifford/xl500.html

Edited by ahardb0dy

Crimp connectors and screws through the faceplate... classy. :kyle: The seats look good!

:clickdalink:Here's the Crutchfield wiring (for the stereo). It's the '95 table but IIRC the others are linked, and I can't imagine the colors changed too much. It won't help with the alarm but it sounds like you have ideas on that. If you're wiring a whole new stereo system, you might as well scrap the stock harness and run new wire... the stock wiring is really small, it's a lot longer than it needs to be, and of course the inline amps aren't helpful.

those are not screw holes in the faceplate, those are the holes where the ford radio removal tool goes into.

Are you planning on installing a stock Nissan radio? or an aftermarket one? If stock, you could probably get the plugs from a junkyard truck and spice them on color to color.

Edited by ahardb0dy

im putting in a flip touch screen 7 inchdeck with full bose sound system out of my junk 99 maxima se. then ill have my 1000 watt mtx jackhammer amp running 2 12 inch mtx with jack hammers. im all over this truck with wiringtrying to keep the stock speedo outta the 93 im going crazy with this rig. STRESSED IS NOT THE WORD.

Are you wanting to keep your stock speedometer because you already have the cable to run it? or Are you concerned with having the miles be correct? Or both?

You could take the 93 and the newer gauge clusters apart to see if possibly you could use the 93 speedometer in the newer cluster, of course even if it would fit ( may need to swap the face over, the square face of the 93 won't fit inside the round cluster), and may need to make a hole in the rear of the newer cluster where the back of the 93 speedometer would stick through so the cable would engage it.

When I swapped clusters in my 90 sentra I took both speedometers out of each gauge cluster and swapped the part with the numbers so my miles were correct, but in my case both were cable driven.

Edited by ahardb0dy

im thinking of trying to keep the stock cluster was thinking of putting the front glass from the 94 onto the 93... and im hoping to get that cable speedometer to work SOMEHOW....gonna try and modify the new dash...all trial and error i guess haha well see.

Huh, didn't know Ford radios came out like that. :scratchhead: Bet they're a PITA to pull if you don't have the special tool.

You might check over at InfamousNissan.com, they do a lot of round-dash swaps into lowered Hardbody pickups. I didn't see one right off but I'll bet there's a how-to on there somewhere. Seeing as how you have all the bits from the round-dash truck, why not just swap the electronic speed sensor into the '93?

Edited by Slartibartfast

You need to contact this guy on infamousnissan.com he did the swap and made a time lapse video showing the conversion from square dash to round, it's really cool check it out below:

http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/RedAggie03/media/1992%20Nissan%20Hardbody/D21DashSwap.mp4.html?sort=3&o=221