new guy from California

green180

How's it going, just thought I'd introduce myself before I absorb your knowledge, I'm just a diesel mechanic that works on school buses, I just bought a 1998 pathfinder 4x4 with a 5 speed, this is my first 4x4 and I thought what better place to join them here

• Like 1

Thanks guys, haha diesel power would be cool but I'm planning on a mild build, ill load pics as soon as I can all I did was buy it and park it, I haven't had time to even look at it again, I bought it for $700 with a check engine light at 167, 000 miles

Welcome to NPORA Bud! I'm in NorCal myself...

Sounds like you already know how to turn a wrench, so there won't be anything you can't handle. Congrats on the rare 5speed R50! I'd like one myself, but the wife is too lame to drive one and I find my hip pains have gone away now that I roll a slush box... :shrug:

Put an OBD2 reader on it, find out what the codes are and clear them. Then go to the Garage section and the pinned Factory Service Manual thread to download your own free copy for your year, that should help a lot, eh?

See, joining NPORA just paid for it's self... :D

B

• Like 1

Welcome to the Nissan/NPORA family! Where are you guys finding all of these sweet deals? I've got a buddy that is a diesel mechanic that works for a major airline. He basically works on anything that doesn't have wings.

Thanks for the warm welcome, lots of good advice, are the 5 speeds hard to come by, I didn't know it was an option, I haven't been home yet ill post pics as soon as I get there, the guy kept the wheels off of it so I'm on the hunt for some, ill research to see some other wheel options

Welcome!! Those wheels look pretty good on that thing. I was ion the same boat as you lol, bought mine cheap but it had these wheels on itIMAG0180.jpg

What section of CA are you? Im bout a hour south of SF. There is some talk of maybe a wheeling trip to hollister coming up, maybe you could bring your new pathy out!

Thanks, this is a work in progress, I finally got it smogged and registered, I'm located an hour south of fresno, when's the hollister trip, I'm having a baby early february and I'm limited to travel, nice pathfinder I was looking into purchasing an earlier year when I ran into this deal

• 9 months later...

What's up guys it's been a while since I've posted, I ended up selling my r50, it's hard to stay away from pathfinder so I bought a 1987 pathfinder se 2 door, don't know what my plans are with it yet, we'll see

20141013_165154.jpg

• Like 1