SF Bay Area Member Roll Call

deltaR50

hey guys! sry ive been busy with my family expecting a baby girl! ill try to post about my path when i get the chance. ya im down for the meet in feb. anyone wanna do meet up and caravan there?

• 1 month later...

Wow this thread lost all its traction. (Pun Intended)

To help push this thread along.

I have access to private property up Near long barn (above Sonora)

We could get a trip together to go up there. Actually Lets go anywhere.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Santa Cruz Mountains. I've checked in but somehow missed this thread. I guess I checked in on NorthWest?

Tried to get more involved and had to move, got distracted, checked back in, got derailed and gave up. Now I'm back, sorta.

I'm up for a run just about anywhere. Hollister is closest and would be rad, but Shasta, Tahoe, Pismo, or wherever. Prefer Tech/Trail. Got into wheeling with my 1st truck, 92 XE in Reno. Drive way out or way up, Camp, adventure, camp, go home. That should accurately convey what I'm into.

Truck is running rough, but still running strong, bunch of exhaust escaping where it shouldn't. Trying to get it fixed and rebuild it. Willing to take her out and let her run around before I start the rebuild. Worst that happens I blow up the 3.0, and have to build a 3.3+, oh darn.

Try to check in more and figure something out. In process of Brat project so if something happens I can get to work. Once ElCamini is running, Game on!!!

Also, There's a dude that just moved to SC, CA that has a nice R50, he might be up for local meet aswell. I would guess he is on FB group or on here but still tagged in AZ/NM. He was getting work done at the shop across the way from mine. If he comes back in I'll give him a heads up. Think his tag Desert something.

K, need to get back to transfer case shopping. Night Hooligans.

Hey Bastrdgod!

Glad to see you post here. Since you are a Santa Cruz local, are you familiar with any offroad trails near Summit Rd? I've been looking for some trails, even easy ones just to cruise around in. The only one I could find any info on is this tread in a FJ forum. Know about it?

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/norcal-region/79841-dirt-roads-santa-cruz-mountains.html

Hey,

Got a message from Enjoi408 about this thread so I'll try my best to keep this alive.

I'm from the East Bay. I own a '97 with the newer front end. 2" lift. 5-sp manual 4x4 awesome fun , but not so when crawling in traffic for an 1 hour and a half going home from work.

To XPLORx4, yes, I found a rear end damaged 2001 R50 on craigslist and took the front end and piece the rest. I like the honeycomb grill style and kept my 97 bumper support and amber signal lights and rewired the corners, headlights, and 97 amber signals. It's actually pretty straight forward just time consuming.

I took the fenders and flares, hood, grill, headlights corner lens, and smaller surrounding pieces for the grill and that was it. I used some some the newer inner wheel well plastics and replaced my 97 old stuff. All the plastic fasteners can be bought at any auto store and hardware....there is always zip ties too. Make sure to have Loctitie.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow this thread lost all its traction. (Pun Intended)

To help push this thread along.

I have access to private property up Near long barn (above Sonora)

We could get a trip together to go up there. Actually Lets go anywhere.

Sonora is my home town! I'm planning on heading up sonora pass once it opens back up but for now I'm checking off the trails on cedar ridge and surrounding areas

In the Cedar ridge area the wheeling is pretty easy I have found so far. Keltz mine road is gone passed half way. I hiked the remnants of the old trail till it completely died off. In order to get out passed half way you would need 16 inches clearance or be willing to dig out the burms forrestry made if you were that he'll bent to get further out and blaze a new trail. I should add the trail spiders off many directions that are well traveled that range in difficulty. Almost got stuck twice in a flooded mud pit on a turn.

Mount Elizabeth is not its former glory anymore and has been gravel ed 90 percent of the way with pot hole like ruts. You do have some boulders to play around on that forrestry put up.

Estralita drive is pretty rad, a few spots with deep ruts to straddle depending ding on your lift and tires or you can decide to flex through, pretty big mud pits spanning the entire trail for 10 or so feet (when I went flooded). I went out till the road "ends". Planning to go out the rest of the way this weekend to the true end and I'll update how the rest of the trail is there.

Trail to table top mountain is also a good one, deep ruts and mud bogs since it is well traveled. Short trail but fun and you have a hiking trail at the end

108 I have been up only one trail so far that I don't know the name of. Led straight up to a shooting range with ruts and boulders. I'll let yall know more this summer when the pass finally received opens

Lastly in Cedar ridge area there is jupiter. Jupiter spans freaking everywhere and I'm itching to get out that way. Going to try to head out there this weekend as well

How difficult is that trail? There's a lot of good wheeling in your area, ranging from doable to insanly hard. haha.

I recommend looking into the app AllTrails. I posted a forum topic about it in off topic. It can show you trails in the area or your choosing

• 6 months later...

Not sure if I've found this page yet, I live in Milpitas but am usually in the south San Jose/Almaden/LG/Saratoga area (I work at Bass Pro and go to school at West Valley College). I drive a red '96 r50 with OME springs and 32's. I love the Pathfinder community (scarce as it is) and want to get to know some of you local Pathfinder owners better. I really want to arrange a Bay Area meet up, but I don't know who to ask. Who would be down? As far as modified rigs I've seen in the area, I've see a green r50, a tan r50, and a red wd21 in Santa Cruz, a silver qx4 with a roof basket in los gatos (also seen on almaden expressway a few times), a silver r50 on i680 in milpitas, and a blue r50 on 280 in san jose. If any of these are you guys, we should definitely meet up! My instagram is @micahfelker for those of you on there. I post lots of pictures of my car lol, and it's an easy way to reach me. Let me know how many of you are interested in a meet up!!