My next Nissan truck

ahardb0dy

That's some really neat advertising. A 3 liter v6 making 140 horsepower is positively anemic by todays standards :laugh: But they're so small it probably isn't too too bad. Also interesting that 31's were deemed huge. Fun stuff.

Thanks for the heads up, out of my price range.

D22, Frontier right? Thanks, want to stay with the D21 body style, and the first gen frontier I absolutely can not stand the front end, I think it is the ugliest front end Nissan ever used on a pickup, anything newer than a first gen Frontier would be out of my price range.

I basically need to find a POS that I can rebuild slowly like I did my PF, I have the technology, LOL Not saying my PF was a POS when I bought it, well other than needing an engine,

Sorry,

Thanks for the suggestions, once I sell my PF I will really start looking, money in hand goes a long way in haggling.

When I bought my 90 sentra, the guy wanted $750, I wasn't even trying to talk him down I was telling the truth when I told him I only had $500 on me, and he tells me, "I'll tell you what, give me $580 for the car, $500 plus the $80 the ad cost" OK !! DONE !

Easy fix, get a first gen d22 and swap over the front end and you will instantly have a cool looking truck, you could even do it on a d21 but that's more work and harder to get the body lines to match up.

• Like 1

Well what ever I end up finding in my price range , I'm sure it will have work done to it !

I already have my one of a kind grilled with lights and the rear sliding window, glass slides completely down, just waiting to go back in a truck

can't see if it's an auto or manual, I have found most ads on craigslist people have no idea how to take a good picture !!! But if it says it is an SE it must be 4wd, I was looking at a brochure on NICO and it only showed the SE being available on the 4x4??

I havent checked in a few days. But there was a face-lift R50 in WPB/Boca area that needed a engine. Was for something cheap, like 1300 obo or something.

Thats IF you were possibly thinking maybe another Pathfinder.

No, I'm not, I really want another pickup, thanks for looking for me, appreciate it.

I have been using search tempest, it searches all craigslist cities within a set mile range, so I see most of Florida and some further as I have the mile ranges set to 400 miles, but haven't been looking for anything other than Nissan pickups, Nissan Hardbody's and Nissan D21, etc.

• 3 months later...

I really like the look of this truck ! 2wd lifted slightly so you don't feel like your sitting on the ground, tires look big on the truck because it is a 2wd but they are about a 29" (255/70/15), Sure the MPG will drop slightly running a larger tire than stock but I would think it wouldn't drop much. This truck is a V6 I will have the KA engine

Anyway, no idea who's truck it is but I like it, it's real clean too !!

k0fwqo.jpg

I want a 2wd to get better gas mileage but I don't know if I can handle sitting as low ( or slightly higher) than I would be in my sentra.

I know Toyota makes the Prerunner truck that uses the same setup as the 4wd's but in 2wd but I don't really want to go to Toyota, want to get another hardbody.

According to fueleconomy.gov the same year hardbody (97), same engine, but 2 to 4 wheel drive is a difference of 20 to 16 MPG combined (2wd vs 4wd), once larger tires are installed on the 2wd, and the increase in body height I'm sure the 2wd number would drop slightly.

Edited by ahardb0dy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Might have a truck tomorrow, 93 Hardbody, 2wd, 5 speed, KA24E. king cab.

Going to look at it and buy it if it looks OK, got the guy to throw in a few things at the same price, nothing fancy but he had a few things he wanted extra for, will get if I buy the truck a powder coated red valve cover, new power steering hose and a Nissan bedliner minus the tailgate piece, for $1k

Truck is at stock height with 18" black powder coated Titan wheels on it, fairly new tires, new windshield 2 months ago, owner says it has new Bilstein shocks, Sway a way torsion bars, and a bunch of other new parts on it. Truck is faded red with the red interior.

Truck is a Florida truck purchased from Nissan dealer where the owner lives and has always been in the same area. No idea how many owners, not spending $40 for the carfax. Says 14 records but that is all I know.

Truck does need some work as their is water in the oil but I have my mech on stand by and ready to fix what ever is wrong, planning on having the timing chain, timing gears, guides, tensioner, oil pump, water pump, thermostat replaced right away and will have him check and replace/repair any other things he finds, AC must be working 100% ( owner says it works),

Will post pics if I get it.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Couple pics the owner sent me:

116nes0.jpg

zupfgz.jpg

Titan wheels after he had the new tires installed:

2u3xm46.jpg

side view before wheels were powder coated, it has a few dents but I'll take care of them:

2nhhv1d.jpg

will need to be on the lookout for a pair of 4wd fenders, and a new/better condition front bumper, have to see what is up with the drivers headlight, looks like it is sitting low. Other future items will be to swap out the red interior and later on possibly a round dash swap, have to look into swapping the square to round gauge cluster, I have something I need to check at the junkyard to make it easier.

I just bought it, needs some work, plenty of junkyard trips in my future !! LOL

Wheels look really nice in person I will say that, valve cover that he had powder coated looks good too, truck is being picked up by the tow truck and will be here in a little while

My mechanic can't start on it until June so I'll mess around with it until than.