R50 Grill's

tooslowforgr

Plastidip hahahahaha That's what I used and it turned out great. But if that really rubs you the wrong way, then this stuff called Krylon Fusion works really well on plastics. I bonds with them and doesn't fade, very popular on Xterras to fix that matte trim. I used it on my Lincoln's faded plastic and worked out well.

Plastidip hahahahaha That's what I used and it turned out great. But if that really rubs you the wrong way, then this stuff called Krylon Fusion works really well on plastics. I bonds with them and doesn't fade, very popular on Xterras to fix that matte trim. I used it on my Lincoln's faded plastic and worked out well.

any prep work to spray the grill with the plastidip? or just clean it and spray it.

I used it once on old rims on my WD-21

any prep work to spray the grill with the plastidip? or just clean it and spray it.

I used it once on old rims on my WD-21

Nope, zero prep other than cleaning it. It's actually better to not scuff/scratch it because supposedly it makes it easier to peel off. Just give it about 4 very light coats and it works great! To restore the black if it fades, I just use Mother's Back to Black, and it works like a charm.

Hope it helps

I blacked mine out with some durable spray paint. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I plastidipped it and my brush guard. :lol:

Got any pics? I've never seen a blacked out front grill on a white Pathy especially with the gray bumpers/fender flares. I like how mine looks stock because you can see the mesh part...but I do wonder how blacking out the grill or even just the edges/grill surround will look.

IMG_0407_zps4ebb2aae.jpg

Another one joins the dark side haha

The Plastidip guys are making a killing, bet they never knew a product originating for tool handles would revolutionize the car scene.

X2 in 4 pics

Edited by TheAustinHenry

Lookin fresh. Going to use this idea to help maintain my brush guard. Ps go Tigers!

I've spray painted my brush guard several times over the years. This is the first time I sprayed the vertical rubber strips. It almost looks brand spanking new.

p.s. You sound like my in-laws. :lol: