Need Front Wheel Spacers !

tooslowforgr

Hey guys, finally lifted my 03' LE. OME Medium duty springs and KYB shocks and struts all around. Having a clearance issue as expected where my tire is about 1/4 from the front coils. It will defanitely rub on a bump. Anyone know of good spacers that will fit perfectly and not give me any issues?

Just so you know they won't rub on a bump. No matter how much you flex that part does not move. I had a set of 35s that you could only fit a quarter in and they never once rubbed. But if you feel you totally need more space then go with a better rim.

I just got the rims, discount tire direct messed up twice in one order, they told me it would clear with my rim tire setup, like you said, I can maybe clear a quarter in there, is there a way to post a pic on here so I can show you? The top of the tire barely clears the bottom of the coil, during up a bump, the tire would go up, and obviously that part of the tire is wider so I am concerned it will rub...

the tire and strut move the same..... the part that would rub that is. Is it rubbing? Or are you just thinking it GOING to rub? because it wont. or rather shouldn't

whats ur email, ill send you a pic and explain...

The problem is the top is the tire is maybe 1/4 of an inch from the coil with my camber still being off, once they align it the proper way, it's gonna touch the coil without even being in motion, so i need a wheel spacer, so it doesnt rub the coil.

Yeah if i understand correctly your concern lies with the strut tower mounting plate for the spring? A lot of people worry about the space from the top spindle which of course is stationary.

Its hard to go wrong with smaller spacers, there isnt much to mess up, 10mm should be sufficient and you can pickup a whole set for less than $100 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x139-7-6x139-7-10mm-Wheel-spacers-adapter-universal-5x5-5-6x5-5-CNC-aluminum-/251145403417

Thanks Austin Henry, I'm going to try and have discount tires send me the rims with the correct backspacing first, if not ill order the spacers you mentioned.

IPATH, for the struts, shocks, camber adjustment bolts, springs and labor.... I think I spent about $800

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, finally lifted my 03' LE. OME Medium duty springs and KYB shocks and struts all around. Having a clearance issue as expected where my tire is about 1/4 from the front coils. It will defanitely rub on a bump. Anyone know of good spacers that will fit perfectly and not give me any issues?

How does it ride now? Do you know the exact springs, shocks and struts you used? I like the look a lot.

I got mine from here I'm running 2" 6 lug on 5.5 bolt pattern billet aluminum spacers and I love the wider stance and added clearance!

I noticed you're running 15 x 8 rims.......What Back Spacing do you have on your 15 x 8's???? I have a 96 SE (I purchased a SFD from KFABS) just haven't installed yet. Wondering if I can still use my 15x8's with 3.75" BS???? Or am I gonna need a spacer as well???? Not sure if I'm gonna go 35" unless someone can convince me 35's would be no more of a headache than 33's.

I run rock crawler 15x8 with 3.75 back spacing and the 2" wheel spacer I just finished flex testing it and grinding a little more front bumper. Some tabs where the sheets of body are spot welded got hammered down so there are no more sharp edges in the wheel well. I might get rid of the spacers now that there's no more rubbing. But will have to re flex test and see if those tires will tuck in the back. I haven't cut the rear fenders yet cuz it seems like there's a swam right at the edge that I would open up. Might let water in the body. For now the front is flexing and turning perfectly. But that's with the spacers. And the rear when at max flex is bottoming out on the rear fender. Slammed!! I'll post more pics to the wha-bam thread as soon as I get back to my PC. I could try eliminating the rear spacers only. Or first. See how it does..? Still testing it out trying to get those treads to fit right.