QUICK TIRE SIZE QUESTION. STRUT CLEARANCE!

borninabarn

Hey Guys,

I have aftermarket M/T Wheels with what the Mickey Thompson rep told me that I have 16"x8" wheels with either a 4-7/16" or 3-5/8" with a -22 Offset I am not sure which one yet? But do any of you run 265/75R-16s Tires on your R51? Do they clear the strut? I am getting ready to order some tires and I dont want them to get here and find out they wont clear my strut if you know what I mean.Let me know if any of you are running either 245/75R-16s or 265/70R-16s on your rig? pics if you have them.Thanks Guys,Born

I think there are alot of threads on here that have to do with tires fer sure.There were a few sales going on for tires and time was running out to get the deals on them thats why I posted it.I think I found just about every place that sells tires online and checked and double checked the Free Shipping,extra deals,rebates,instant cash off,Free Visa cards with the purchase of tires and so on and The place that had the Best Deal out there"That I found" was DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT!Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct I bought the

GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRACS 245/75R-16s

-$25 instant web savings

$60 Prepaid Visa Card

$30 Prepaid Visa Card and

Free Shipping

Ended up costing $160 each Seemed alright of a price to me.I havent bought tires for 5 or so years so I was sticker shocked when I started seeing the prices.

• Like 1

you can thank Obama for the $ of tires. He placed a trade tariff on off shore produced tires to help US tire makers. On one hand it protects US jobs but now no one can afford to buy tires. I've even heard of people renting tires because they can't afford the initial buy in price.

there is a great pod cast called freakanomics that talks about the whole thing.

Wouldn't say no one can afford to buy tires :laugh::laugh::laugh: Rubber costs, quality tires, and new tech help drive up costs too. Feasibly there's much cheaper 245/75r16 tires out there, but for Duratracs borninabarn got a solid deal. I paid $135 for my Toyo AT-IIs as part of an Off Road Expo deal.

I have an 03' LE, factory 17" wheels. Lift is going getting installed friday, OME lift which should be 1.75 inches. Tires I am running now are factory sice 245/65/17. Will 245/75/17 fit with lift? or should i go with 15-16" wheels and go with a taller tire like a 33' ?