Who has the BEST DEAL on TIRES ONLINE?

borninabarn

Welp I am getting ready to splurge on some new tires for my Pathfinder.I only have a 2.5" lift so I am thinking of going with some LT245/75R-16s or LT265/70R-16s in an A/T or M/T?The factory 255/65-16s look to small and I mounted a 265/75-16 on my spare wheel and it fills up the wheel well so much it doesn't look like I have a lift?

Those that have ordered tires online know who has the best deal out there including shipping charges?Thanks in advance Born

I don't know, but I purchased a set of tires from Tread Depot about 3 years ago when I had a free shipping code and a $60 Goodyear mail-in rebate. It made my 33's quite the deal at the time. I have yet to see anything like that recently (and I'm due for new tires in the spring).

Tread Depot was awesome to deal with and I got my tires in like 3 or 4 days from order. The only concerning thing was that the UPS guy just rolled the tires out the back of his truck and on to my driveway - good thing I was home I guess? Next time I ordered (for my wife's car) I had them delivered to the shop who mounts/balances for me - I just called them and let them know when to expect the shipment.

I'd also like to know what people think on this since I'll be installing new shoes in about 5 months.

Edited by Rick13

So far I have looked at Tread Depot and they have some decent deals W/ Free Shipping and some tire companies are offering $40,$60,$80 off on 4 tires and another $25 off from Tread Depot.I was already checking out Treadwright.They have some Great prices on M/T tires.$108 per tire and $30 shipping per tire but that still is a good deal.I contacted them because the tires are re-treads and I was thinking they might be hard to balance? The girl there said they static balance them and for weight they add rubber on the inside somehow?and they also send directions how to balance them?Kind of sounds screwy to me.Discount Tire Direct has good deals with free shipping and also discounted tire with rebates and Tire Buyer.Now if If I could just figure out what A/T OR M/T Tires I think I want? Lots of maybe good ones to pick from and more money for more plies.I want to make sure I get an excellent tire that does well in the snow because we usually get alot here in Iowa.

I know about 8 guys that have been running treadwrights for past couple of years. No major issues. The only thing I can think of is to call and see which carcass they have available to make the tires. Sometimes you may get 3 with BFG and one Goodyear. But 90% of the time you get 4 matching.

Sent from my Moto X!

I have had good luck with the Treadwrights, but, they ARE hard to balance. They have to be static balanced, NOT dynamic. They guarantee 8oz or less to balance or they'll replace the tire, so there are some assurances. The A/T pattern I have is pretty grippy on slippery surfaces. I do not have much off-road experience with them since I still need to do the subframe drop to bring the CVs back to stock angle, but I have read that they hook up well in a variety of conditions.

My buddy has the Guard Dogs on his 4Runner and they have proven to go places other tires have issues with. He was wheeling with a friend that has the Hankook Dynapro All Terrains on his 4Runner and was consistently able to clean hills the Hankooks could not.

Some cons to the Treadwrights - they are heavy! They tend to have a deeper tread depth and are a bit heavier than the equivalent size from other manufacturers. However, given the tread depth, my 265/75/R16s are a FULL 32" on the diameter!

The Guard Dogs have a pretty good whine on the highway, but most M/T tires are loud anyway. My Sentinels (Watchman now) are not very loud, but are noticeable. I don't mind, but you might.

That's my opinion in a nutshell.

• Like 1

Too bad you are so far away!

I was looking at BF Goodrich TA/KO 265/70/16.

Tire Rack has them at $230 each plus $50 mail in rebate + $112 shipping = $982

We have them @ $291 each, but buy 3 get one free plus $50 mail in rebate. = $823 + $20/ tire for mount+balace = $903 + tax $977. And you can have it tomorrow.

• Like 2

Too bad you are so far away!

I was looking at BF Goodrich TA/KO 265/70/16.

Tire Rack has them at $230 each plus $50 mail in rebate + $112 shipping = $982

We have them @ $291 each, but buy 3 get one free plus $50 mail in rebate. = $823 + $20/ tire for mount+balace = $903 + tax $977. And you can have it tomorrow.

That is a Good Deal! Kind of far for a road trip like you said.Thanks

Can always try Big O tires or NTB in your area. They sometimes will price match. Or have very competitive all inclusive pricing.

Agreed many places will price match!

I guess my point being...like shopping for items at walmart....don't always assume online is the cheapest price on tires.

Tires have gotten very competitive over the years, the dealerships have followed suit through support from the manufacturers buying power.

I can t tell you how many people wont listen to us parts guys and just cut us off saying they will just go to Tirerack or so other online tire place, or just wont believe us when we say we can get it done for less.

As I pointed out to a good autocross friend two weeks ago, yeah the tires he wanted were $150 each on tirerack, but then its $28 each to ship plus $15-$20 to mount the tires someplace whereas I can get the same tire the next day for $195 each AND get you the buy 3 get one AND get a $20 per tire rebate they didn't have!

Sorry, just one of the things I deal with at work that irritates me. :aok:

Edited by Alkorahil
  • Like 1

I like to get my tires from costco. When I got these tires last year they they were $200 each.

Bridgestone-Dueler A/T REVO 2 (P265/70R16)

http://tires2.costco.com/product.aspx?ItemNo=505248&SearchID=1ea848f7-77ff-45b3-b260-8e5010299a63

$164.99 x 4 = $659.96 - $70(instant rebate) = 589.96

Installation: $15 per tire - Comes with lifetime services which include inflation pressure checks, tire balancing, tire rotations, as well as flat repairs and road hazard warranty.

Total cost: $650 plus tax

Tirerack.com's price is $648 with shipping, plus tax and still have to pay for mounting and the road hazard warranty is another $60

I just went through the whole tire shopping deal .

While I accumulated parts over a period of months , I'll bet I looked at just about every major internet tire site .

In the end I went with a local chain store and I don't feel I would have saved much if any $$$ doing otherwise .

The combination of shipping , mounting , and balancing fees pretty much ate up the approximate $40.00 I'd have saved on each tire .

Add in the convenience of buying face to face 2 miles away from my font door and also keeping a few bucks circulating "locally" .

I live 25 miles away from a Tirerack warehouse and the shipping was still $118.00 , then I had to find an installer and pay them .

Discount tire, they are not going to be the CHEAPEST tire posted, but they make up for it in service, lifetime punctures, rotations and resemblances are just some of the reasons i picked DT over buying them online and having some shop install them for me.

I'm like you and want to go cheap, but tires are important.

I use the parallel i learned from a long time of skiing, you can go cheap on just about everything, but your boots, boots are the only thing i do not go cheap on, because they are what connect you to the ski. Tires follow the same concept, its best to get something new, and from a reputable company, who will stand behind their products.

Thats just :my2cents:

-Kyle

• Like 1

Just a quick one from my experience 3 years ago...

Local Costco - wouldn't mount/balance because I was way over the recommended tire size for my vehicle (they would let me order/purchase from them though).

Local Discount Tire - wouldn't mount/balance because at the time I had spacers on my front hubs (manager said they "wouldn't deal with those")

My local shop (that is owned by a personal friend of mine) quoted me $195 more than my deal with Tread Depot. I showed him my online quote and he said "Holy carp".

So, my one week of research/questions made the decision quite easy back then.

I'll be doing the same research again this spring, but I'm really hoping that my local DT will price match and mount balance since I don't run spacers anymore.

I agree, would much rather go local, but if it means I'm going to save almost $200, I will definitely order on-line again.

Sorry, just wanted to clarify that I am NOT a "on-line" only buyer - especially for something as important as tires.

Edited by Rick13
  • Like 1

If I was saving $200, I would buy online too. Coming into the holidays, most of the tire shops run pretty good sales.

Is there an Express Tire or Evan's Tire near you? I know Evan's here is pretty good. I've bought tires there and had some sort of concentric spacers on a Dodge....they lost them and bought new ones for me.