Some pictures of my R50 at work.

4doordrift

I really do love this truck but it needs a new motor soon. I'm debating long and hard what im gonna do, might just swap in another vq35 for simplicity sake, or do an Inline six turbo, either RB or JZ that i have lying around, and then theres always a V8 swap.. We will see what the future has in store.

Anywho, ENJOY!

D9747295-917E-4B8D-AD04-7A23924A55ED-245
5CD86689-3C7B-46B8-812D-ED42CDDCF3AF-245
0EE6BFC8-AA15-4066-9758-596BCD5F84A2-245
F456E845-DDC8-47DE-8298-AB8FF14D6179-245

02FB09DE-89AC-4442-B0DF-3D8330EA64C2-245
8B9939D7-29E2-4635-B727-72EBA0A0CE8F-245
516BEA61-9BD6-4F95-B693-9632CD267842-245
8BBC630B-30D6-4990-B5CC-8E82809A20CE-245
F5DE5E4A-794A-475C-BB5B-9E752646CA74-245

• Like 1

Looks great! We have the same taste in tires, out of curiosity, why does it need a new motor?

Thanks! I absolutly love the AT2's.

It is plagued with the Excessive oil consumption issue that some Vq's have (4L/1200kms) and its also developed a slight knock (which will lead to bigger knock down the road). It has 210,000kms on it right now

Thanks! I absolutly love the AT2's.

It is plagued with the Excessive oil consumption issue that some Vq's have (4L/1200kms) and its also developed a slight knock (which will lead to bigger knock down the road). It has 210,000kms on it right now

I do too! Great traction, quiet, and excellent wear. Plus not too bad on the wallet.

Sorry to hear that, if you're going to swap, my pipe dream is a Titan motor, might be worth looking into. Or you can always build up the VQ a bit.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: SKYLINE!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!! AND A 240???

I want your cars!!

BTW, how did you go about towing that skyline? GTS or GTS-T? either way, did you end up pull the drive shaft?

Thanks

-Kyle

Haha thanks those are the real projects, those two cars combined are close to 1000hp and yes they get driven. Its a GTS-T so rwd, just pop her in neutral. GTR's and GTS-4 are 4wd.

I do too! Great traction, quiet, and excellent wear. Plus not too bad on the wallet.

Sorry to hear that, if you're going to swap, my pipe dream is a Titan motor, might be worth looking into. Or you can always build up the VQ a bit.

I actually cant believe how awsome they are.. when the time comes that im looking for a big tire, like a 35x12.5 or something along those lines i would still consider AT2's to be one of the best choices. Id love to do the VK56 swap just not to sure on how deep i want to dig into my wallet for the pathfinder, after all it gets used and is a trail rig. 10k swap doesn' sound too appealing right now haha. Ive got a few spare motors sitting around so we'll see what i come up with! I definitely wouldn't build up the VQ tho, if i were to stick with VQ it would just be a stock replacement.

Great pics!

With all the time and work I'm putting into mine, I'll replace the motor for sure. Being in CA I don't think an engine swap is even a possibility with all the limitations the gov't puts on vehicle owners.

Hey thanks, I appreciate it! That is unfortunate, about the emissions in CA. Thank fully I have it nice up here in Alberta and can do basically whatever I want in terms of motor swaps and exhaust, without getting a slap on the wrist!

• Like 2

Sometimes in CA though you can get away with it if the motor is a model year newer or optional on the vehicle? I'm not sure, the laws are obscure and I've yet to do it haha

• Like 1

Nice pics man!

My parents are giving me one of their '95 240's, the 5spd hehe, so I'll probably end up doing a RB25det swap. I also considered a 1JZ swap, but I think I want to keep it pure Nissan...

Rock on!!!

Nice pics man!

My parents are giving me one of their '95 240's, the 5spd hehe, so I'll probably end up doing a RB25det swap. I also considered a 1JZ swap, but I think I want to keep it pure Nissan...

Rock on!!!

Wicked! both the 240 and the R32 are Rb25 swapped and built motors. :D <3 Nissan!

Here's the 32

DA4EC8B2-44D5-49FF-8A8A-37EF8DB6E57D-132

90BAA225-B722-42BF-AE94-C34428DE2C35-649

a little fun in the rain, Let me know if that video link works, i'm trying it through photobucket

th_4BCEF124-7B6F-4139-869A-A83D80B63E93-

Another little video

th_D7D63CF8-B5C1-4C73-9C32-F738AAC290E0-

Edited by 4doordrift
  • Like 1

Nice! That Skyline is awesome. I wish we could import them to the states, but Motorex kinda screwed the pooch on that one.

Two things that make me consider moving to Canadia ;-) - Whistler Bike Park, and Skylines...

Oh, the videos work - the link takes you to photobucket, but they play fine there.

• Like 1

Have fun trying to fit a VK56 under the hood of anything. But now that Nissan is putting VK's in their new NV work vans, VK's should be flooding the second hand market.

But they are a few companies who make VK to VG adapter's don't know about the VQ transmission's, some say it bolts right up, same say its way different, i haven't really looked into it.

Haha thanks those are the real projects, those two cars combined are close to 1000hp and yes they get driven. Its a GTS-T so rwd, just pop her in neutral. GTR's and GTS-4 are 4wd.

Do you have build threads for them? i'd love to see more, especially if either of them is over 500 HP?!?!

How much will a decent GTR set a Canadian back these days, I've been thinking about picking on up as they are SO close to being legal in the states.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Have fun trying to fit a VK56 under the hood of anything. But now that Nissan is putting VK's in their new NV work vans, VK's should be flooding the second hand market.

But they are a few companies who make VK to VG adapter's don't know about the VQ transmission's, some say it bolts right up, same say its way different, i haven't really looked into it.

Absolutely, there's ways to finagle things into smog, but that's some of why it's nice dealing with my '62 VW and '31 Ford- I could put in a flathead Ford or a 426 Hemi and the only thing I'd be having to comply with is my bank account. :laugh:

As far as transmissions, seeing as most members mentioned them only holding ~300hp max, it would be a custom job. Stock titan tranny maybe. Or just say f@*k it and put a new hemi in. (Sorry I'm a Mopar guy, just can't contain myself sometimes :wub: )

Either way though 4doordrift, SUWEET rides!! I would be proud to own either, nice work!

Edited by Karmann

Absolutely, there's ways to finagle things into smog, but that's some of why it's nice dealing with my '62 VW and '31 Ford- I could put in a flathead Ford or a 426 Hemi and the only thing I'd be having to comply with is my bank account. :laugh:

As far as transmissions, seeing as most members mentioned them only holding ~300hp max, it would be a custom job. Stock titan tranny maybe. Or just say f@*k it and put a new hemi in. (Sorry I'm a Mopar guy, just can't contain myself sometimes :wub: )

Either way though 4doordrift, SUWEET rides!! I would be proud to own either, nice work!

Yeah, i cant wait for Pathy to hit 25 years old, Stupid Smog, i might figure out a way to register it in some unincorporated county around me, I.E. NO SMOG!! HURRAY!!

But i'm sure Greddy or some of the other guys have figured out a way to beef up the VQ's transmissions, Guys run 1000 HP RB's and TT VQ's all day long. Maybe they all switched to tremec? :laugh:

Yeah, i cant wait for Pathy to hit 25 years old, Stupid Smog, i might figure out a way to register it in some unincorporated county around me, I.E. NO SMOG!! HURRAY!!

But i'm sure Greddy or some of the other guys have figured out a way to beef up the VQ's transmissions, Guys run 1000 HP RB's and TT VQ's all day long. Maybe they all switched to tremec? :laugh:

VQ tranny's are actually a popular swap in the drifting scene. Lots of guys mat them up to Rb's and run 500hp all day long. I think they are more stout than people give them credit for! Also, a r32 GTR in canada for a decent one sets you back about 6-8k right now. I've got my eyes set on picking up a R34 GTR within a year. :D

Thanks for all the love guys!

VQ tranny's are actually a popular swap in the drifting scene. Lots of guys mat them up to Rb's and run 500hp all day long. I think they are more stout than people give them credit for! Also, a r32 GTR in canada for a decent one sets you back about 6-8k right now. I've got my eyes set on picking up a R34 GTR within a year. :D

Interesting, I was referring to the VQ R50 trannys which from what I've heard are essentially beefed up Xterra units? All I remember is some crazy guy on here from Costa Rica I believe strapped a twin turbo on his pathy, and everyone acted like the sky was falling regarding the tranny. :wiggle:

I don't think it was twin turbo, but there was a guy who did a single turbo his pathy, and everyone was concerned about his auto VQ tranny blowing up, which, from my understanding, it did, he was trying to source a manual 350Z trans to do a swap, but i never heard anything after that.

-Kyle

• Like 1

You've got to help to help me get a 32 in the states then!!!

I was looking in the BC craigslist, guys are wanting 10K for a GTS-T!!!!

And is that 6-8K of your Canadian funny money, or US dollars?

-Kyle

• Like 1