Plasti dip

thorpe991

Has any one messed with the stuff other than me I just did the chrome on my front bumper and plan on doing the rear soon it looks awesome plan on putting pics up tomarro

If any of you have any ?s about it got to dipyourcar.com it's a store and a forum that's were I'm getting all my info from

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Put enough layers on. For wheels, bumpers etc you would like to have a solid 4 layers.

The Dipyourcar.com guys are pretty knowledgeable and are pretty chill. Been by their store in Coral Springs. They tend to do a lot of high end cars there.

I have "dipped" 2 sets of wheels for my (wife's) blazer, my moms other sons ranger, and a bunch of small misc. trim and random stuff. Achieved what I wanted and holds decent (as said, make sure you put some good coats on). Plasti-dip is this years bedliner :lol: (which reminds me, I have bedliner to re-do)

I love plasti dip! Did the bumpers,wheels and plastic trim on my Dodge Ram.Did the wheels,bumpers,grill,and hood on my pathy.Its held up great for 2+ years now.Cleans easily and looks great.Now Im sure it wouldn't hold up to serious off roading/rock crawling but I dont do that.The best part is if you change your mind you can peel it off.I've been considering painting my whole pathy with it.I agree, the guys at dipyourcar.com are great.Never been there but talked to them on the phone.Losts of great info on their website too.

I did my wheels recently, truck is black, so I went with flat black. It was super easy and the stuff is forgiving compared to paint. It's not as durable though.

@Hytekrednek, GO DAWGS!!!!! I like the idea of the red accents.

When I had my taco I did grill, wheels and fenders

Before

IMG_9663012390139.jpg

After

IMG_9598823852542.jpg

It comes off flat surfaces pretty easy too

2012-09-03_16-08-58_24.jpg

looks awesome

"my taco" thats great i love tacos (the food) haha

I had it on about 8 months before I traded my truck...I got a couple nicks in the fender flares from parking lots but its easy to spray back over it and it blends in perfectly...and I wouldnt day its easy to remove...you have to get it up then pull at a steady rate...pretty durable...grill never chipped, neither did the wheels...never used high pressure (pressure washer) to wash it but did hand wash it with no problems and a hose to rinse

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I just re did my door handles, swing away trim, bumpers, and flares, IT LOOKS BRAND SPANKING NEW!

Did three coats, also re painted my windshield wipers with some dupont high temp engine paint and clear, looks nice, wish it was more matte than the semi gloss i had lying around, but my rig is looking pretty healthy right now.

-Kyle

No sanding or solvent. Just a good wash with dish soap to remove any old wax and oils.

For wheels maybe a good scrub with Simple Green or equivalent first then the dish soap.

If you sand or scotch brite the surface. Then you'll pretty much never get it off. And if you do it'll look like crap.

Sent from my Moto X!

I used a scuff pad on my grille when I did it and had great results. You pretty much only have to give whatever it is you're painting a good clean, paint thinner does a really nice job for my applications. I did my rims today (pics tomorrow) and used Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner on them with excellent results. That's what I use on my rims/tires anyway, so I know it's good stuff. But in short, no really special prep- that's what makes it magic!

I sprayed my grill and brushguard yesterday using a cloth and brake cleaner to prep the surface. I took before pics but did not take any afters yet. It looks much better up close but, pretty much the same from the kitchen window. I need to order some clips from Rob this week so that I can spray the flares and reinstall them.

I love it! I have been thinking about putting my factory Tri-spokes back on and plasti dipping them. My problem is that I have new 31's on my steelies. I might have to look into the possibility of mounting one on one of my factory wheels to check for front wheel placement. I can't remember if they will fit without a wheel spacer or not?