Lifting Toki, my R50

Smile

Hey all,

Not sure if I should have posted this in a regional section because I am looking for more or less canadian advice, but here we go;

I am looking to lift my 97 pathfinder, I have priced out my shocks and struts and new tires and wheels, what I am lacking however is springs.

now, I have done my research on finding the springs I will need (which are seemingly impossible to get here on VanIsle) and more or less know what my options are.

Have them made at a spring shop for the jaw-dropping cost of $300/spring. or have them shipped up from the states by AC or OME. This however will be alarmingly expencive as well due to the weight, shipping, and customs fees.

so, can anyone (in the BC area) shoot me some advice on how to more economicly aquire these damned coils, or inform me where you bought/fabricated yours?

I bought my Iron Man springs from Camel4x4 in the US. ya it was not cheep but worth every penny.

BTW I will have a slightly used set of KYB rear stock length gas-a-just shocks to get rid of for a fair price. just ordered a set of bilsteins.

Stock length struts and shock will work with only a 2" lift yes?

I need to ask before I make a real a**hole of myself

What're you looking to get for your (gently?) used shocks?

P.s.

I just checked out camel4x4 and sure as sh!t they are out of front springs for the r50...

Edited by Smile

I got my IronMans from Camel4x4 also. CALL HIM!! The owner answered at least for me when I called. But he has a better update on inventory than the website at times. He might have them but the site is outdated.

Also, last I called to the other guys that carry Ironmans. Sierraexpeditions? They told me the next shipment of IronMan and OME is supposed to come in either late Oct or early Nov. Then has to clear and go to the distributors. Just a FYI if others are out of OME or IronMans also.

dont change your springs.... i;m making spacers exactly for your situation... I will have a 2 inch front spacer very soon, and i already offer 1 and 1.5 inches for the front...which will net you a little more than the height of the spacer... for the back I will offer stackable spacers that you can combine to make the height you want...

check here : http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/36590-4x4designcom-new-products-front-hdpe-spacers/

• Like 1

dont change your springs.... i;m making spacers exactly for your situation... I will have a 2 inch front spacer very soon, and i already offer 1 and 1.5 inches for the front...which will net you a little more than the height of the spacer... for the back I will offer stackable spacers that you can combine to make the height you want...

check here : http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/36590-4x4designcom-new-products-front-hdpe-spacers/

If push come to shove and finances force me to put springs on the back burner I may take you up on this and support your products. Actually; I will likely grab a pair of 1" off you to level out the rake regardless. I may have to put lifting aside for now and work on my blown shocks and other little fixes

So here is where I am at right now.

I have a way for getting some products up to my neck of the woods from Mesa Arizona. My neighbors own a house down there and are willin to help me out.

Here is my predicament; I called up seiarra expoditions to order iron man spring coils however they will only have rear springs until late November. ( my neighbors are going to Arizona next week)

They do however have access to old man emu springs. I have been a bit bias against ome springs because they don't really "lift" the vehicle much from stock height. They are also about $100 more expensive for the set.

What should I do? Wait it out and hope the neighbors go back south again this winter? Can anyone sell me on ome springs?

I've tried 6-8 other 4x4 shops in Mesa none of them have even heard of iron man.

So here is where I am at right now.

I have a way for getting some products up to my neck of the woods from Mesa Arizona. My neighbors own a house down there and are willin to help me out.

Here is my predicament; I called up seiarra expoditions to order iron man spring coils however they will only have rear springs until late November. ( my neighbors are going to Arizona next week)

They do however have access to old man emu springs. I have been a bit bias against ome springs because they don't really "lift" the vehicle much from stock height. They are also about $100 more expensive for the set.

What should I do? Wait it out and hope the neighbors go back south again this winter? Can anyone sell me on ome springs?

I've tried 6-8 other 4x4 shops in Mesa none of them have even heard of iron man.

CALL Camel4x4.com

Shipping to me in Miami, Fl was very cheap.

Doesn't hurt to call. Especially if your saying that OME were well over $100 more than quoted IronMan cost.

Sent from my Moto X!

I'm in British Columbia. Shipping would be $150+ per pair. I also don't have time to

Ship from nj to az before my neighbors go

Also I have called a couple weeks ago. The container with front springs doesn't get in till your guys' thanksgiving.

Here's a recent thread for your reading pleasure. Same questions.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/36460-need-help-with-lift/

I liked my OME lift.

What was your personal experience with OME springs? Drive ability? Where your stock springs sagging? Height gained? Height gained from stock?

Cheers

I'm in British Columbia. Shipping would be $150+ per pair. I also don't have time to

Ship from nj to az before my neighbors go

Also I have called a couple weeks ago. The container with front springs doesn't get in till your guys' thanksgiving.

Ah. Not familiar enough with Canada. Didnt realize that its opposite side of the continent.

Sent from my Moto X!

there is an OME dealer in quebec though there price quote wasn't that much different than getting stuff shipped up from the US.

Bushnut, can I ask your personal experience with ironman springs? How have they been to you? How much height from stock did you gain? Have they sagged over time? Do you know any major differences between ironman and OME?

Thank you for sharing your experiences guys! It helps a lot.

I'm not too sure how much I like to sound of the softer ride with ironman springs. I often carry a decent load in the back of my truck, my stock springs sag quite a bit. I also have a small trailer I will be pulling for driftwood/slash wood salvaging.

I know OME is known for spring rate quality over height gain but I'd really like that extra inch haha.

Thank you for sharing your experiences guys! It helps a lot.

I'm not too sure how much I like to sound of the softer ride with ironman springs. I often carry a decent load in the back of my truck, my stock springs sag quite a bit. I also have a small trailer I will be pulling for driftwood/slash wood salvaging.

I know OME is known for spring rate quality over height gain but I'd really like that extra inch haha.

Sorry for the double post.... I got excited.

Edited by Smile

I loaded 400lbs of concrete in the truck the other day( 4-24"x24"x2" patio pads). 2 in the trunk and 2 in the back seat as well a 200lbs co-pilot to help unload. It didn't sag to bad, 0-60km was a little slower and I could feel more body roll but I wouldn't call the IM springs soft, smooth is a better descriptor.

Stellar. Iron man is pretty tough.

My choices now revolve around time constraints. If I can find a shop in arizona to get either ome or ironman spring in, in the next two weeks ill got for it. It's looking grim though.

I've also been quoted here on the island for ac coils; $600 said and sold.