difference between 88 and 90 pathy (headers)

calibeater

so mine is a 88 4x4 5 speed v6 and i just want to get some cheapy headers since my manifolds are messed up and i have a exhaust leak, but all the pacesetters say for 90+ with all the same options. So I called and asked why they wouldnt fit, they couldnt really give me an answer other than something was different. Does anyone know what i would have to do to make some pacesetters for a 90 fit my 88? thanks

here is a link to some on fleabay that i was thinkin about. cause if i have to pull my stock manifolds off, i want to put headers back on. and i just dont have the money for some doug thorneys

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pickup-PaceSetter-Shorty-Header-70-1198-/141020001110?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1990|Model%3APathfinder&hash=item20d5727356&vxp=mtr

I remember their being differences from VG30e and VG30i headers in talk before. I wish I could remember what it was though, O2 sensor bungs maby :shrug: I swear it was something like that. More searching is necessary...

I remember their being differences from VG30e and VG30i headers in talk before. I wish I could remember what it was though, O2 sensor bungs maby :shrug: I swear it was something like that. More searching is necessary...

so i think your right, i found something on another forum that said "the emissions hookups for the 90+ and the 86-89 headers are different" but he could not say what the difference is. im still looking but not finding the exact difference. cause if its nothing too major, i could figure something out for it.

hmm, well here is the deal lol, i do have a cali model but i just smogged it. these headers wouldnt pass smog anyways but im thinkin that in 2 years when it comes time to smog again, it might just be a full wheeler and ill just green sticker it. id like to pull all my smog stuff off and just run it but we will see what i end up doing lol. but thats for letting me know what was the deal!