I can only get half an alignment with larger tires?!

kefferjoe

unless you have damaged suspension items, they should be able to align your truck. I don't know your setup, but if you have ac springs and a spacer on top, then you might need (like me) 2 camber bolts PER side in order to be able to align it .... If you only have AC spring, then your should be able to do it with only 1 bolt per side...

Go somewhere else... like a garage who does custom truck or parts etc....

if you have this setting than you should be able to do it yourself if it's only the camber that is to be done... I did mine myself and basically used the two camber bolts per side at their maximum settings in order to get my wheel straight... If you have an issue with the toe, than it's another story.... Good luck.

Problem 1- pep boys :lol: find yourself a good local shop that stands behind their work, a good rep dealership (I don't have problems with dealerships), or do it yourself as fleurys suggested. It's amazing how well you can do at it if you give it an honest try, worse that can happen is you don't get it right and need an alignment!

• Like 2

There are but it is not the exact same set up; it does not use a bolt/eccetric disc set up to adjust camber.

The WD21 uses bolts with shims to adjust the camber on the front. You add shims to adjust the camber.

The bolts should not need replacing unless they are stripped/rusted.

P/N 01115-00241 BOLT HEX

the shims come in the following sizes:

You then get to pull your hair out adding and subtracting shims till you get the camber correct or as close to correct as you can, which is another reason why most shops do not want to do the adjustment on or trucks as it is very time consuming - so they just say it cant be done which is not 100% correct.

Thanks Rob. I got that speel from the local alignment shop that I was referred to. He actually lowered the front 1 inch cuz he said if he didn't it wouldn't align. Sounded like BS to me. I brought it home an lifted it back where it was.... I guess I am gonna have to live with it or figure it out myself.

• 2 weeks later...