Looking at this pathfinder price too high?

kefferjoe

Thats a little high.I bought my 02 2 years ago for $5000.If you have Nissan dealers around you check with them if they have taken one in? If they have a few more miles on them they will wholesale them off to a Pot Lot or run them through the auction.I have seen some nice ones go for about $4000.Good Luck

The offer is now at 5k is that still too high? That's way lower than NADA and edmunds but still higher that KBB. I mean others in the state from private retailers are going for 3900-4400 and they have less miles on them. I really want it for the 5-speed and the '03 roof rack. But I don't know if it's worth this much.

Try and get them down to $4500, then you should be in the sweet spot. I bought mine last year (same options minus the stick) for $5900 at 70k miles. You may want to check private sellers, that's what I always prefer- maintenance records, get to know the owner, and are a lot less likely to armor-all over stains and leaks.

The CarFax is good! One owner.I have the 5 speed also and really like it.It looks clean.Any check engine lights? The Cat convertors are expensive to replace.Check it out good!At least you shouldnt have to worry about rust like We do up North.The dealer is there to make his buck Like karmann said Cash $4500-$4750 ??

keep in mind that the kbb and Edmunds and NADA are all "guides" and can vary locally by a bit. If I recall Santa Fe is a mountain town correct? if its a small market and a mountain town 4x4's that are super clean and under 10k usually pull in more money. I have the same situation here in Reno. The mileage is a little high but an 02-03 with a stick is a rare bird, even more so with the sunroof and bose stereo.

Especially as the car gets older, the kbb and such get less relevant. If I have a lower mileage 4x4 SUV Automatic anything that is one owner, super clean has all the power typical items its automatically worth $4k or more even with over 150k miles being 13 years old and even though kbb may value it at $2500.

I'd say 5k is a pretty good price if it checks out really immaculate. Cars that are over 7-8 years old, and are actually in really good shape are rare. More than likely he got it for $4k or so, but those little shops have to clean-em-up nice and mark em up a lot or offer financing to people no body else would. The key is how long has he been sitting on it, and more than likely he knew it was rare being a stick, but the one buyer that would be searching for it hasn't shown up yet. That's a gamble as a dealer, and usually doesn't pan out in the end. Those looking for a stick, usually do their research and know what stuff is worth... So I'd say go down there, offer him $4500 and you'll probably end up in the middle and anything you can get it fro under $5k would be a bonus. Might be a good idea to take it to an independent shop and pay them $40 to give a good looksee and scan it.

Edited by TahoeRunner

The vehicle looks very clean, I purchased my 2002 SE 5-Speed last year for $8,000, but it only had 42,000 miles on it, which is why I paid more than it listed for in KBB. Since the one you are looking at has four time that in mileage, I would not go over $5,000 and actually try to get it for $4,500.

2002 is the last year Nissan made Pathfinders with a 5-Speed, so it depends on how much you want a standard transmission over an automatic.