New (Old) Pathy Owner!

xterra

After search for nearly a year, I finally found my perfect Pathy. It's a rare 1990 2-door SE-V6 4x4 with only 150K miles. I found the truck in Arizona, and according to the history report it spent most of it's life there. I drove it back here to Tennessee, but had to put new tires on in Albuquerque. (It had a set of passenger car white-walls that were too small for the truck on the ground, and the original spare on the back (per the tire dealer.)

Most of it's still original: It has the original paint, the factory cassette deck, and when I got it to my mechanic I found out that it still had the original timing belt! :doh:

Inclinometer is inbound from New Zealand, so that will be the next install - followed by a new audio system. Mechanically it still needs a new valve cover gasket and new exhaust manifolds (per service bulletin 94-041). Over all, it's in great shape and will be the perfect launching platform for a multi-year transformation.

Baseline.png

• Like 1

Welcome to NPORA!

Now if that is a MPFI not a TBI and a manual shift, then it would be the rarest of birds... :D

Congrats on your great looking Pathy, it sounds like you are going to take great care of it. Unless you are a stock purist, don't replace factory manifolds, put on some headers.

B

Kyle- Regarding the manifold, that's the problem that I have now. Sounds horrible - but at least it passed emissions testing. I'm toying with putting one of the Nismo/Borla exhaust kits on it when I get the manifold work done, so I'll replace one kind of rumble with another.

Precise- It is a VG30e, but it's a 4-speed automatic. So half of a grail... :blush: And I'm not a stock purist - I'm going for more of a Nismo resto-mod look when it's done. After sorting out the mechanicals and an electrical gremlin with the door locks, the list includes:

- 1993 hardbody chromed grille, marker lights, bumpers, and mirrors

- bull guard (black or chrome, haven't decided)

- chrome nerf bars

- AR-681 chromes wheels

- new paint job (the sides are nice and shiny, but the hood and roof are faded from living in AZ for the past 23 years

- and the holy grail, if I can find one, is a Traga Band/Light Rail

Teixeira & Brian- Thanks, It seemed like the hunt too forever,

• 2 weeks later...

TahoeRunner-

I know the feeling - I wanted one too. I had just graduated high school when the WD21 was introduced and was in the market for a car. I had it down to an '87 Sentra and an '87 Pathfinder (a friend's father owned a Nissan store) and I did the practical thing and bought the Sentra... So now, finally, 25 years after making the practical choice - I was able to make the choice I wanted to make in the first place.

• 7 months later...

This Looks Like a well kept Beast I have the Same one and Just cut the Top off past the T Windows to make a baha with it (the origianal top had holes in it and tree fell on it) so it was a easy fix and looks awesome now check it out on my profile.

if you dont mind me askin what did you pay for her?