Bose Radio

ennacac

The Bose Radio front speakers don't work, the rears work just fine but both the door speakers and the tweeters have no sound. I checked the fuses in the main fuse block, but they are all good, any ideas?

The front and rear speakers are on sperate channels feeing through the factory amp.

If you recently installed a new headunit, you need to do a factory amp bypass.

• Like 1

My fronts kick in and out by themselves. Usually I smack the HU and see if they come back on. If that doesnt work, then I wack the amp in the back. Pretty sure you and I are in the same boat. The units, both of them failing.

Great. I removed the HU and all connections on the rear are secure! Anyone have a HU from a 2002 that is functional they want to sell? I really don't want to deal with a complete overhaul of the sound system, I just want the speakers to function.

• 5 months later...

Well I put my Bose radio in another 2002 R50 and all the speakers work just fine, so any ideas what else could be causing the issue with only the front four speakers not working?

Tom

Edited by ennacac

I wish I would have seen this earlier. I recently removed my working Bose and all the speak rs (which worked fine) but I threw them away :( I would have just givne them to you if you paid shipping.

That would have been perfect, I would have gladly paid the shipping just so I don't have to tear everything apart to replace the system.

• 4 weeks later...

not to kick a dead horse, but does anyone know if there is a connection for the front speakers somewhere between the back of the head unit and the doors?

New head unit, still no front speakers from either side, so somewhere there is a open connection before the speakers in the doors as well as the tweeters. I know the tweeters run off the amp for the door speakers.

Tom

Edited by ennacac

I have one from my '98. Idk if it's the same or not? The volume knob is silly sometimes. If you want it...

You had that same problem with the volume knob? I still have mine in and it's starting to drive me crazy! Thinking of changing it soon.

No, my HD works just fine other than the front speakers. I took a HU out of a 2004 and put it in my 2002 and even though the front speakers work perfectly in the 2004, they do not in my 2002.

There must be a connection where the harness out of the HU splits off to the door speakers and that much be where the open connection is. Right now it's too cold to completely tear the truck apart just to find that spot, which is why I was hoping someone here already knew where it was.

Tom

Edited by ennacac

The speakers might be blown. Bose sells replacement parts direct. I ordered a Mercedes door speaker from them one for $40 that dealer wanted well over $100 for. Look up their customer service number online.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I am in Australia and having a similar problem. My rear speakers will not work at all. My front speakers will not function for about 30 minutes until they suddenly cut in. The front speakers are also cutting in and out once they start working.

What I have been able to determine through a lot of chasing my butt all over the internet is:

1. Front Speakers have their own amplifiers - Audio feed from Head Unit, Amp power from fuse panel.

2. Rear Speakers have a separate 'Rear Speaker Amplifier'. Again audio from Head Unit, power from fuse panel.

What is not well described is that the power to both the front speakers and the rear speaker amplifier is controlled by a relay (The Audio Amplifier Relay). This relay is controlled by an auxiliary supply from the head unit. Switch on the head unit, relay is energized, power is supplied to the amplifiers, speakers output sound. Switch off the head unit, relay drops power off the amplifiers, kills sound.

I have seen forums that place the Rear Speaker Amp and Audio Amp Relay behind the left hand side panel in the rear luggage compartment.

My issue is that I've looked there and while there are two unlabeled relays there, there is no audio amplifier for the rear speakers. I am still trying to identify what the actual Amp looks like and where the hell they hide it on the Australian Pathfinders.

Any assistance from you guys would be great. If I discover anything new I will post more info.

Edited by Willy6664

My H.U had the same issue with the sound knob. Also the speakers did died a few years ago.

I think that the healthy option is just to replace everything from the H.U to the Speakers, either with Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc In my humbler opinion

a two dim H.U with a basic led display.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I am in Australia and having a similar problem. My rear speakers will not work at all. My front speakers will not function for about 30 minutes until they suddenly cut in. The front speakers are also cutting in and out once they start working.

What I have been able to determine through a lot of chasing my butt all over the internet is:

1. Front Speakers have their own amplifiers - Audio feed from Head Unit, Amp power from fuse panel.

2. Rear Speakers have a separate 'Rear Speaker Amplifier'. Again audio from Head Unit, power from fuse panel.

What is not well described is that the power to both the front speakers and the rear speaker amplifier is controlled by a relay (The Audio Amplifier Relay). This relay is controlled by an auxiliary supply from the head unit. Switch on the head unit, relay is energized, power is supplied to the amplifiers, speakers output sound. Switch off the head unit, relay drops power off the amplifiers, kills sound.

I have seen forums that place the Rear Speaker Amp and Audio Amp Relay behind the left hand side panel in the rear luggage compartment.

My issue is that I've looked there and while there are two unlabeled relays there, there is no audio amplifier for the rear speakers. I am still trying to identify what the actual Amp looks like and where the hell they hide it on the Australian Pathfinders.

Any assistance from you guys would be great. If I discover anything new I will post more info.

I have the exact same issue! My speakers died in close succession and have just replaced the HU using adapters. Hoped that would solve the issue but no luck. Did you ever get the amp location and bypass solution figured out for an Australian 04 PF?

Would love some help!

• 3 years later...

Sorry for the long delay.

My issue above is still ongoing. I have not devoted time to it due to home renovations taking priority.

I'm still trying to identify the location of the BOSE amp for the rear speakers. I'd be very happy with a photo of the AMP if anyone knows where it is located.. Same issue with the Audio power relay. 

Sorry for the long delay.

My issue above is still ongoing. I have not devoted time to it due to home renovations taking priority.

I'm still trying to identify the location of the BOSE amp for the rear speakers. I'd be very happy with a photo of the AMP if anyone knows where it is located.. Same issue with the Audio power relay. 

3a8292df5e40b3322be5b5c4ea0e049a.jpg

Its right behind this panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3a8292df5e40b3322be5b5c4ea0e049a.jpg

Its right behind this panel

Had a media receiver changed so I can now have CarPlay and maps, connecting it i did not have to bypass any factory amps in the rear. Then again i only really listen to my front speakers anyway since my seats are down in the back 24/7.

Had a media receiver changed so I can now have CarPlay and maps, connecting it i did not have to bypass any factory amps in the rear. Then again i only really listen to my front speakers anyway since my seats are down in the back 24/7.

So you changed the front door speakers too?

So you changed the front door speakers too?

No, have the stock bose speakers with a “ alpine ILX 107 “ radio