lifted jeep coils for extra lift?

Reecehenry

so i know that you can buy a certain year model of jgc coils to give around 2.5 to 3 inches of lift on a pathfinder... but what if i were to get lifted jeep coils (like jgc 2-3 inch lift coils)? would that not give me 5-6 inches of lift? just a thought, im probably wrong but idk...

may work but your pathy would look like a hamster in heat unless you cranked up the front end and, then you would destroy your ball joints. The JGC springs are called the "poor man's lift" because it's cheap, easy but about the limit of what you can do without some rebuild. My guess is that anything over 3" would require some front end reconfiguration. Certainly, if you give it a try, let us all know the results. There's always room for learning here on the boards.

• Like 1

Pathfinders look good with a rake. Try a 1" lift coil for the jgc (upcountry suspension package). Then you will be at 3.5-4" rear lift. Then do a 3" front suspension lift and u will be set. Only time u will want 3" JGC lift springs is if you are solid axle swapped and u need the rear to match the front.

I haven't had any issues with my balljoints with 3.5" front suspension lift, 1" balljoint spacers, ultra low pro bump stops, 2wd steering swap and steering damper. Been DD and wheeling for 2 years on the same parts and my front end is still tight.

• 7 months later...

Almost done still need drip down bracket fab up. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagecut off bottom spring perch and welded some tube on top of the axle for the new spring perch

Sent from my Z795G using Tapatalk

You converted the pathy to run the pigtail ends huh? That's kind of cool, now you have access to a lot more spring options down the road. I would definitely paint all that work you just did, though. Then it wont rust away!

Yes I will paint it all when its finished but tonight I'm going to test it out before I take it back to the shop to finish the pan hard bracket. I need to look in my shed for loner shocks. I think I might have to buy some because my other shocks might be to long for the pathy.

Sent from my Z795G using Tapatalk

1995 Ford f250 shocks are 3" longer than stock and work awesome for cheap. One end fits right on. The other end just needs the pathy lower shock bushing swapped over. Easy cheap swap

Edited by Nefarious

If you look around there is another full size truck that uses the same shock as a lifted pathy, I forget what it was. But it's pretty cheap and has the right bushing on both ends. If you're lazy like me :lol:

Edit: I used the Rancho RS5112. So anything with the same specs length wise as that will work.

Edited by adamzan

So I put a long travel shock in the back and was go singing to use wj front shocks but 3" to long but would fit if I didn't have its lol. But anyways here are some pic of last nights wheeling Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehope you like my custom lift

• Like 1