Rock auto thanking me , lol

ahardb0dy

I brought a mistake in rockauto's online catalog to there attention the other day, received this just now:

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your correction and thank you for thinking of us,

Karl

RockAuto Customer Service

Well my good deed is done for the day, now back to being a bastard !!

Lol

• Like 2

They have plenty of errors in their catalog. I don't know if it's their fault or the manufacturer. For example the A/C V-belt I bought from there once was too long. I think it just has to do with the fact that the auto parts industry is a pile of crap.

you need to let them know so they can fix it, if you don't how would they know?

I bought a belt from them for a 2007 Sentra and I couldn't get it on for anything, they said it was the right part number, all the other auto parts stores said it was right, I returned it and bought a different brand locally and it went right on no problem

They should've given you a discount, considering you probably saved them time, money, and return headaches.

Or just take it for what it was, a helpfull good dead, that will save other customers (maybe even NPORA members) problems ;)

you need to let them know so they can fix it, if you don't how would they know?

I bought a belt from them for a 2007 Sentra and I couldn't get it on for anything, they said it was the right part number, all the other auto parts stores said it was right, I returned it and bought a different brand locally and it went right on no problem

I'm pretty sure he did let them know, he told me about this a while back when it happened. And the catalog has since been corrected. It used to show a 57 inch belt for the a/c, when in fact it is a 55".