Windows Seizing

edta1

Hmm Ill have to try the silicone spray too since my driver side window is awful slow. My window motor also sounds like its struggling compared to the sound of the passenger side. Did you guys experience this too? I guess it would sound like that because of no lubrication anyways and doesn't necessarily mean its on its way out....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm Ill have to try the silicone spray too since my driver side window is awful slow. My window motor also sounds like its struggling compared to the sound of the passenger side. Did you guys experience this too? I guess it would sound like that because of no lubrication anyways and doesn't necessarily mean its on its way out....

Yup, that's what mine sounded like...and it was only the driver side window too for some reason. The weather is warming up here and the window seizing problem has stopped so I'm going to hold off the silicone lube until the 05 winter.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest girlpath

It's been over a month since I sprayed mine, and it has been very cold, then warmer, and now cold again. My windows are working very well. I wouldn't wait until next winter to spray. The lubrication helps the motor. I'm going to spray mine at regular intervals, maybe every oil change or something.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dustinto

I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier and it is doing the same thing, but now it will not work at all. I though it was the switch so I have taken it apart and got it rigged up and had it working good for a while but then one night after getting some taco bell it would not roll up for a while.

You think this could be my problem? I hope my switch is not messed up not since I have been messing with it. I lost one of the springs that was in the switch so I replaced it with an eraser that I cut and modified to fix perfectly...I hope it will work. Do you guys know where I can get a used switch at?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

im sorry to bring this thread back after so long , but would the silicone spray mess up the tint on the window?

and can i just use any silicone spray from autozone or does it have to be one from the dealer, this thread helped me out, i was really thinking it was my window motor or truck battery , but i knew something wasnt right bc it was happening even when the weather here in NY was about 50 F , i just have the problem with the 2 front windows going up and down slow, the back windows go up and down with no problem

luv this website, i been looking for a pathfinder site that alot of people go to , all the other pathfinder sites dont have too many visitors

:shrug: where excactly do i spray this sillicon spray? I have a pathy with a slow driver window in need of lube.

check page 2 of this thread, Runnerman posted pics.

• 3 months later...

I got some on my tint and rubbed it off with a soft cloth (no solvents :nono: ) and it caused no problem.

...if you don't get it all off the tint you will see the smudge anyway.

...I don't think that is poses any threat to the tint glue even if it is off the shelf tint from a parts store. ;)

.............PS way to use the search function!! :aok:

Edited by 98silverpathy

I did my two fronts windows today. What a huge improvment! And so easy following the instructions on page 2 of this thread, thanks runerman :bow: .

I used Kleen Slip by Kleen-flo, stock no. 742 (someone would ask :P ) rather than the Nissan stuff.

Edited by Trainman

Spray?

That's it? A simple, anyone can do, inexpensive repair to a 10,000 part machine?

What about all of our tools? Our epoxy-floored garage? Our weekends' with no football? Our top dog status? What are we going to do with all of that??

No way man! I'm ripping the doors off, missing the special night out with the wife, smashing my fingers, scaring the dog, leaving grease stains on every glass, plate, bowl and portable phone I leave stacked on the roof of the Pathy .. because I want everyone to be happy, dammit.

Because only we know, it ain't that simple.

Classic! :clap::clap::clap:

Might I add.....Spray, Schmay....tear the doors apart!

Now that the topic has been brought back up, are any of the products you've used found at a place like Home Depot? My dealer didn't have any idea what I was talking about and looked at me like an idiot. :laugh: Sounds like a few people used normal silicone so I'll need to try that if I can't find anything else.

I was at Walmart today to pickup some Armor-All for the truck, and saw this....

05074.jpg

Heavy Duty Silicone by CRC

Going to try it out tomorrow morning. Hope it works the same way.