Brake lights in cluster

WyKi

Hey guys how do I turn them off or reset the system? I've disconnected the plugs under the truck of the ABS system and have disc. the baterry aswell...they stay lit up when I reconnect everything.... The truck brakes fine, And the handbrake light is noticable when you pull it up as it shines more when the hand brake is up and dims down a little when down. Now how do I reset the system to turn them off? Thanks.

, And the handbrake light is noticable when you pull it up as it shines more when the hand brake is up and dims down a little when down. Now how do I reset the system to turn them off? Thanks.

this statement here is a classic sign of the handbrake switch being bad/out of adjustment! this switch is located on teh side of the base of the pull handle. Pull your center console to access it. Secondary and tertiary possibilities would be 1) the parking brake out of adjustment in the rear or the rear pads/shoes are worn too far down. 2) the parking brake calbe is worn/stretched adn needs replacement. Either of those though the parking brake would not work well if at all.

Part Number: 36011-01F01

Description: SWTCH P/BRK LAMP

$8.89 (NISSAN LIST: 20.75)

Edited by Alkorahil

The Brake fluid is full i pushed the inside bobber down and it floats back up..And the hand brake switch is good. the cable is working great as I pull it and it only clicks 3-4 times and it locks up and no scoring sounds when I brake.. :unsure: I disconn. the cable plug on the master cyl. up front and conn. again , and did the same under the trucks RHD side . Still the same....

Edited by WyKi

it may still be the fluid level sensor, though it moves freely doesn't mean it's working. Don't see anything in the FSm specifically for checking the sensor. Did you check the plug for any corrosion? Try cleaning the contacts or scraping them maybe?