Who Is Recieving Anti-Virus Warnings While Visiting NPORA?

RedPath88

Anti-Virus  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting warings or blocked NPORA pages from you A/V?

• YES - My A/V is warning me about nissanpathfinders.net, but I can still load pages.
    • YES - My A/V is completely blocking nissanpathfinders.net
    • NO - I am getting no warnings and can brows NPORA like normal.
  2. 2. What A/V are you using?

3. 3. What browser(s) are you using when you A/V is triggered? (multiple choice)

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Another flavor of Mozilla

It was brought to my attention today that some are getting A/V warning and/or their A/V is completely blocking NPORA's website from loading at all.

Please vote in the above poll and make a post using the following formats so we can try and figure this out.

POLL Voting Format:
Question #1: Choose 1
Question #2: Choose 1
Question #3: Choose all that apply

Post Format:
Yes (or) No
A/V
Browser

Notes

Here l'll start

Yes

Avast!

IE & FF

Happening on my laptop per above but on my desktop all is good using AVG and IE. I can also browse normally on my Android phone with Lookout and the defualt HTC browser.

On my desktop (what I voted)

Yes and I can't get on the site (main page or forums)

I use Avast! (Just ask my wife, it scares her on a regular basis with its loud azz (BING BING! AVAST! VIRUS DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!).

I use Chrome only

Just a little update, based on the results of this poll, feed back from outsite this thread and troubleshooting that we have done, I see little reason not to beleive that this is an Avast issue. As such we are working with them to try and resolve it.

• Like 1

I am getting the warning while using Chrome on my Android device. I have Avast! Mobile Security.

The day before that I was blocked from the whole forum and the message told me it was a MySQL problem on my end. It might have had to do with my internet connection though but I thought it was worth noting.

Yeah as of last night, Avast had shown no progress of any kind on the trouble ticket. Irritating to say the least, I hope to get a bit of time to call them again today.

Maybe is everyone can start reporting the errors as false positives, it will kick them into gear.

• Like 1

I called them back and now I am supposed to get a. All from a developer either tonight or tomorrow. They claim they have a 24hr reply/callback on tickets, I pointed out that they missed that timeline so the lady "promised" I would get a call while she apologized.... Yeah I'm holding my breath based on thier record so far :rolleyes:

Keep sending them in :aok:

Update: Avast Customer Support has still not made any effort to contact us, nor does the ticket show any progress of any kind by them. This is unfortunate as I have been a long time user and supporter of Avast (10+yrs) and have recommended the program to many, many people. However, with my first and only experience with their "Customer Service" I cannot in good faith recommend them any longer. And will likely stop using the software and move on to another (possibly back to AVG)once this whole issue is sorted out and corrected.

Last night some of you may have noticed that the forum was down. This was intentional, as we spent several early morning hours reinstalling the forum software a couple of times and testing. But still, Avast on my system is reporting the same as before. This even after deleting every file on the server and reinstalling/replacing with new and known clean files.

I have engaged out website host and now IPS regarding this issue. The Host found nothing wrong on our site or on the server. We will have to wait and see what IPS come up with, if anything. But one thing that I can say is that Avast is identifying numerous sites that run IP.Board software, including IPS's own and none of them seem to have any problem whatsoever.

I'll update again when there is more information.