Proud or P!$$d?

devonianwalk

Yep used to have a Kalt Whisper back in '91-92, small electric powered. This was a brushed electric as it was pre-brushless and was meant to be a starter for me before moving on to the larger, more powerful gas powered models. I ended up rebuilding it twice before I ever got it. First time the rotor hit the tail boom while trying to trim it all out and the second time I never did figure it out. Had it hovering 4-6in off the ground and all of the sudden parts started flying... in all directions :blink:

Few years later I had it stored at my parents and instead of calling me first, the dumped a bunch of my stuff, heli included.

I'd be too impressed at the pilot's skills and/or glad my house wasn't on fire to be pissed, so long as I wasn't swimming at the time.

My neighbors gave me a Cobra electric heli last winter (for looking after their cat). Turns out, model helicopters are not meant to be run into metal sprinklers or pine trees. :lol: It actually held up pretty well, and some super glue and baking soda got the landing skid back on more or less how it was. I keep meaning to bring it out again... just gotta find a place with fewer things to fly it into.

I've always been interested in r/c planes and whirly-birds. I had one of those $20 styrofoam indoor toys that lasted all of one month. I'm certain that the cats had more fun with it than I did.

I'd probably be trying to shoot my garden hose at it and be glad i had a pool full of water to help :lol: random helecopter stealing my pool water for no reason though? I'm gonna try throwing fruit at you!

I'd definitely let them take it considering how close the fire is, plus being able to say your pool water put out your neighbor's fire is pretty cool. Great piloting.

If a fire was that close to my property I would be standing on my roof pointing at the pool, hey!, there is water over here! Come and get it!

Exactly!

Great pilot, but then those guys are usually ex-combat pilots so no surprise. Damn, tthose rotors were close to that retaining wall! :blink:

B

That wouldn't bother me at all and besides, if I was rich enough to be able to afford living in a place like that why would I care? That's a beautiful area, I'd hate to see my neighborhood burn. Fires like that are a sad thing, heart breaking.