gas mileage

00PathfinderSE

i get between 15 -19 depending on how im driving but in a normal week driving to work and back is about 120 miles and i go through a little over a quarter tank of gas

i have a custom cold air intake that helps i went from eating half a tank of gas a week to a little over a quarter so

• 1 month later...

IF I ever see 12 I start looking real hard for problems, No pathy I ever had (3) or pathy engine configuration (5) ever got less than 14 when everything is running right.

The only time I didn't look for problems is when I got 12 pulling a 2.5 ton trailer through grid lock with my vg33+. All that stop and go and I was using low (2 low) range for better creeping in traffic. My best tank with that 2.5 ton trailer was 18 mpg taking 99 south at exactly 55mph the whole tank.

On average my vg33+ gets around 15-16 cause I like to have fun and I downshift more than I need to for silly things like going up hills, passing people, beating out loud Hondas etc...

When I stop having fun and start shifting early (25-2800rpm) and stay in 5th for passing slow cars up hills etc I get 16-21 and I suspect it will go up when I switch from soft lumpy MT Tyres to firmer smoother AT Tires...

we did a 2500 mile trip last Oct in the 88 and averaged a little over 17 per tank on the road, 1 tank we got 17.8. We left So Ca went to Grand Junction Co to Gallup Nm to Laughjin Nv, then the Barstow area where we playedl in the desert for 3 days

My 93 Pathy with 32" BFG MTs, auto trans, and auto hubs so far it's been pretty consistent at 12mpg, haven't had it out for any long trips yet. My supercharged 01 Frontier gets 14mpg 31.5ish" BFG MTs 5 speed and Warn hubs. I've gotten up to 17mpg a couple times on long highway trips. My first Pathfinder which was a 95 and 5 speed, I remember getting in the upper teens to low 20s.

sounds like that puppy needs a good hwy burn! sometimes not running your engine at prime operating temps can lead to bad fuel economy. Not hot enough for long enough,build up of carbons and such, engines alway run most efficiently at high way RPM and temperatures. Mine sucks in the cold(-30*C) combined with short trips. like less than a Lamborghini with a V12!

Hi you???

I'm actually living in Barcelona, but in february (thanks to God) my pathy and me will move to the USA, NM.

I have a 2.7 turbodiesel engine. I think there's a few runing in the USA also, so I would like to share information about MPG with someone there.

I only have my own information about lts. 100 * kmts, and I use the converter and I get a lot of MPG.

Some one has done their own estimations???

Hi, I'm sorry to interrupt these discussions. What is the ratio to convert MPG & KM/L? There are 2 results from Google, some say 3.x liters per gallon but others say 4.x liters. Here in Taiwan we don't use gallon or miles. My 01 QX4 runs about 8KM/L highway and 5KM/L city. What might be the number of MPG? Thank you very much.

5-8 KM/L is roughly 12-19 MPG. That's quite a spread.

1M ~1.6 KM

3.8 L ~1Gal

so KML / 1.6 = Miles Per Liter and then MPL x 3.8 = MPG

8 KML / 1.6 = 5 Miles Per Liter and then 5 MPL x 3.8 = 19 MPG

5 KML / 1.6 = 3.125 Miles Per Liter and then 3.125 MPL x 3.8 = 11.875 MPG

Hi you???

I'm actually living in Barcelona, but in february (thanks to God) my pathy and me will move to the USA, NM.

I have a 2.7 turbodiesel engine. I think there's a few runing in the USA also, so I would like to share information about MPG with someone there.

I only have my own information about lts. 100 * kmts, and I use the converter and I get a lot of MPG.

Some one has done their own estimations???

I have heard the The TD27 Terrano gets over 10 KML or around 24 MPG but it wouldn't surprise me if someone could pull over 27 MPG out of one. There have been plenty of small diesel pickups that get 30-35 MPG.

Thanks for your information¡¡¡¡

In the internet there are many converteres, but I don't trust. They always give different results. Your ratios are ok, is the same I thought was right.

I've comproved the last time I filled the tank, for a long trip in the highway, not too fast, I made 900 KM. I did not get to spend it completely,I spent about 15 gallons, I filled the tank back before start to spending the last quarter, just in case. This is about 35 MPG. In the city I have comproved 30 MPG.

My 2.7 TD not very popular engines, is the less powerful couse only they have 99 hp, but the consum is very low. Other 2.7 TD after 92 have increased up to 125 hp or more, so I think those ones are 25-27 MPG.

I know there's a few pathys 2.7 TD in the USA, but they seem absent on forums or other sites, I'd like to share information about it.

Thanks¡¡¡

Thanks for your information¡¡¡¡

In the internet there are many converteres, but I don't trust. They always give different results. Your ratios are ok, is the same I thought was right.

I've comproved the last time I filled the tank, for a long trip in the highway, not too fast, I made 900 KM. I did not get to spend it completely,I spent about 15 gallons, I filled the tank back before start to spending the last quarter, just in case. This is about 35 MPG. In the city I have comproved 30 MPG.

My 2.7 TD not very popular engines, is the less powerful couse only they have 99 hp, but the consum is very low. Other 2.7 TD after 92 have increased up to 125 hp or more, so I think those ones are 25-27 MPG.

I know there's a few pathys 2.7 TD in the USA, but they seem absent on forums or other sites, I'd like to share information about it.

Thanks¡¡¡

I know I have not seen any Turbo Diesel Pathys here. Didn't think they made it to the US. When are you coming back to Good ole Rio Rat hole?

My Pathy has been horrible for gas mileage. Don't know the exact numbers cause I never fill it completely but it's prolly somewhere around 11-12.

Edited by Kafike
  • Like 1

HI how are you? :lmao:

Nice to meet you,

I am so happy¡ Just right now I recived news from my friend, who is going to help me shipping my pathy from Barcelona to Houston, he said to come to pick it up next 22 january, and it shall be in Houston about 10 march, such a long trip. That's going to be a hard work¡¡¡ just do de-retistration, find a truck to pull from my community garage to the port, but I can not leave the car out of the street.... I am going to be crazy arrrggghhhh :bounce:

Ironically, but know what? My car is about 22 years old, no matter how old it is, no matter how many kms or miles it has, no matter anything... I can not live without it, I could never imagine how much I love that car. But after so many years toghether, so many adventures toghether, after so many...but it never let me down, so now I can not let it down either,

I just said ironically, becouse know what? the hardest trip is going to be by ship, through the Atlantic Ocean¡¡¡

I will go to take it to Houston, thanks to God, about 10 march. I will rent a truck to pull it from Houston to Rio Rancho (Albuquerque NM) where my family is waiting for me/us. After register, insurance and everything (just paperwork, couse the car is ok) I think I can make a nice trip before the end of the month.

Hey you, this mileage in your pathy is really horrible, are you sure there's no problem? :unsure: But seriosly, I think everyone who owns Pathys is not for mileage, it is for what they are. Don't you think so?

I think I am going to explain a story about the "Big Move" of my Pathfinder, I am happy that I found that forum, I think here I can find understanding... sorry if I write/talk too much, but I just needed :hugs:

Thanks... :beer:

• Like 1

I think you like pics, so I just learned yesterday. This is my Pathy in owr last climbing in the Castle of Penyafort, somewhere in the mountains close to Barcelona. Now it's resting in a community garage waiting for the "Big Move"...9499fe1f-98fb-4a50-994a-7cd82c599bcf_zps

• Like 1

My Pathy is running rich. Pretty sure the O2 sensor is shot along with a host of other issues. I just have to be home to do some work to it. Been running around a lot lately and it's had to take the back burner. I do have a VG33 sitting in my garage for it but have other projects to finish before that goes in, and I think I'm going to be needing another transmission soon. Lots of little issues with the Pathy but I won't get rid of it. Had it for over 10 years an my wife always jokes that I would get rid of her before the Pathy. :lol:

How do you end up in Rio Rancho from Barcelona :scratchhead:

So...

I am married to an american cityzen and just got the visa last december, and I decided to move to the USA, now I don't have family in Barcelona, that was easier for me. I only have Pathy-Terrano :lmao: and it does not need visa, then, you can imagine the rest. The way to end up with the car is a hard work, but worth it.

Everybody encouraged me to move to Rio Rancho, but I had constient about how much I love that car, I could never imagine I can't live without it¡¡¡ So I just understand you well... becouse I just said "not without my Pathy". Now everybody is awaiting for me/us. Everybody in NM told me that even diesel is more easy to find replacements in the USA than wherever in Europe, and sure it's right. I've never had trouble with engine (for luck) just some bothering with other I wil wix there: the gas air conditioner was finished five years ago sitll don't find replacement to fill it back, I broke the antenne in the car wash and still have not found replacement either... but motor engine is really good. Lately it does'nt run too much, but once we are in the USA it's time for new adventures, Now it's resting in a community garage waiting for the "Big Move". I hope the battery is ok when it comes ahah :lol:

I think I will make a story...