Trees getting swallowed

devonianwalk

Man you spend too much time on youtube! I was going to post this video this morning but you beat me to it. This is in Assumption parish in Louisiana. Here is a description from a local web site.

The Bayou Corne/Grand Bayou sinkhole was first reported to officials over a year ago. Those charged with making official observations attributed the bubbling in the waters to swamp gas. They were wrong.

In August of last year officials in Assumption Parish were officially notified that a sinkhole had formed in that same location. The sinkhole continues to grow. In this incredible video you can see the shifting, sinking water swallowing huge trees whole.

James

Thanks for the explanation. I am fascinated with these types of natural phenomenons.

Man you spend too much time on youtube!

Indeed! I find online videos more entertaining than the garbage that is broadcast on tv.

This happened back in the 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmh2Ydm2dW4

After seeing this I wouldn't be standing around filming trees getting sucked under water! The only video I would have gotten would have been over my shoulder while running. South Louisiana is mostly marsh land, too soft to trust.

James