Frames

DantheMayun

Just out of curiosity ... How is all you 90-95'ers frames doing?

1 being completely rusted out beyond repair.... 10 being rust free.

I'd give mine about a 4 or 5 rear end has some holes in it and has been patched before. Mechanic where I live doesn't seem to care :P

I don't fit the criteria of the year range you put this in but i'm voicing mine anyway because I feel like it

WhiteOwl-1988 I actually drive 9-9.5 some spots i need to wire brush and re-touch with bedliner but everything is 100% solid to where you can wail on it with big hammers and just knock bedliner off

ToolShed-1988 parts truck/storage shed 8ish solid but could use a coat of something to make it purty and penetrating fluid is gonna be needed once i'm under there turning bolts

9, surface rust from rear tires flexing. You should add vehicle location/history to your poll. Bet most of your <6 are concentrated in the salt lick states. Mines been a NW/Hawaii truck, just well maintained.

9, surface rust from rear tires flexing. You should add vehicle location/history to your poll. Bet most of your <6 are concentrated in the salt lick states. Mines been a NW/Hawaii truck, just well maintained.

Used to take it wheeling up in Big Bear every year during the winter. Snow was always up to the bumper.

Lemme change to a 7.

Bought from the dealer new in 1992 here in Southern California.

Sold to a relative around 1995~. Used in Utah as a commuter, especially during the winter, ski racks and all. After about 2-3 years it came back to Socal. In about 2008 we started taking it wheeling summer, spring and winters.

I'd say mine is 8.5-9

It's been in WA it's whole life and if you compare it to all the other 90-95 trucks out here it looks like its been garaged lol

This is my first frame built car (only owned Hondas Toyota cars ect. And when we say "minor surfAce rust" what we actually mean is the rust started on the inside and is just now barely rusted all the way through and is flaking off the paint. How likely do you think this is what happened to my frame? Looks like paint flaked off just in the smallest bits by the rear wheels, and is starting to rust through..

5. Already plated the sides, but the underside of the driver's rail is rotted out too (big ol' gash above the exhaust). I was amazed at the amount of dirt that came out of the rails when I knocked the rust out. The rest is reasonably clean, still painted even. Can't wait to get a welder and finish it (or a fresh frame from a junkyard... how hard could that be?). But maybe I should take care of the gas smell first...

It spent most of its life in NY, then went to Idaho. Both salt states. :/

I live in Reno where its dry as can be most of the time... you don't even have time to physically dry the car after washing it before the atomosphere takes care of that for you.

I say mine is about a 9, I've got just ever so slight discoloration in a few spots on the frame but its not progressing because I keep the frame rails flushed out twice a year and I have some slight paint peeling (smaller than a dime) in the front door/ lower fender spots that were full of dirt when I bought it, but after flushing all that out, hasn't progressed a lick. I'm very fortunate when it comes to rust!