Gas prices: top 10 in North America

cvdloc

I bet you guys can all guess... All the top ten cities are in the lower mainland!!!

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/lower-mainland-gas-prices-highest-in-north-america-study-1.1409990

This blows, y'all can laugh at me while I'm filling up at 144.9 a litre that's roughly 550 a gallon, it has been up to 156.9! Luckily I just go to Costco, 131.9 :) bulk food, bulk gas

And im stoked to pay that... What did you pay last time you filled up?

Edited by cvdloc

$3.93/gal at the local Chevron. I don't shop for cheap gas and I don't drive 10 miles to fill up. :shrug:

From the article, the important bits...

Among a list of 5,597 communities in Canada and the United States, the 10 most expensive places to fill up the tank were all in the Vancouver area.

drivers typically pay 49 cents of tax per litre

Transit funding is a big reason for keeping gas taxes high, said SFU transportation expert and former TransLink board member Gordon Price. Fuel sales are declining in the Lower Mainland, forcing TransLink to choose between raising gas taxes or looking for other revenue sources in order to maintain revenues.

He also suggested another way of looking at our gas prices.

“It’s not that they’re that high here, but it’s in the other places they’re so low,”

What a douche! I bet he has a company car and gets gas paid for or is so wealthy he could care less.

B

£1.35 for a litre of unleaded (that's $2.10). So, a US gallon would be $7.93.

He also suggested another way of looking at our gas prices.

“It’s not that they’re that high here, but it’s in the other places they’re so low,”

There's a word to describe this type of logic..

It's not that it's high here, it's that other places that are low... Yeah.. Go f yourself

Damn, that's flipping high 3rdtimesacharm, i guess that our preview for next summer..

So let me tell you about translink out here, currently I'm working right downtown Vancouver, the main way into town is number 1 hwy, usually 30 minute (morning drive, afternoon, add an hour) drive to get dt, but I have to cross the port Mann... Toll bridge 3.50$ EACH WAY!! Parking is 10$ all day, 17$ total plus gas to get to work (personally I drive out of my way to take the free bridges and that adds 10 min) now if I translink, I have to drive 10-15 minutes to the closest station, 3$ for parking 10$ transit ticket, 40 minute ride on a crowded sky train, so 13$ plus lesser gas.

Really is it worth it? I hate people so being shoulder to shoulder with some smelly person and someone else blasting dub step sounds (it ain't music!!) and if I take the free bridge and drive out of my way... Damn why do I still live here well atlease in 5 months I'm moving to kelowna for school, then ill be fully ticketed!! Time to F off, make some real money and work on my nissans ;)

Sorry for the little rant, I hate but love Vancouver I'm going threw emotions :rofl:

Edited by cvdloc

Oh did I mention insurance is more too?! Last time I was in school (in kelowna) I was paying 193$ a month, moved back to van, went up to 262$ a month!! Fml

Btw filled up today for 135.5 a litre, bargain $70 fill up

We have the one of the nation's lowest gas rates and the worst paved roads to prove it! I basically live on the SC/NC border. It is always ten cents higher (average) in North Cakalak than on my side of the border. You'd probably be amazed as an outsider to see the number of gas stations located on our side of the state line. We also have an abundance of firecracker stores as they are illegal in NC. I feel like a rebel!! :lol:

• Like 1

$4.19 per gallon average in South Orange County, you can find it for around $3.98 pf you get away from the beach. $245 every 6 months for insurance.

$3.65 for regular just over the hill at Temescal canyon rd and the 15 also in Corona at a few places

• Like 1

We have the one of the nation's lowest gas rates and the worst paved roads to prove it! I basically live on the SC/NC border. It is always ten cents higher (average) in North Cakalak than on my side of the border. You'd probably be amazed as an outsider to see the number of gas stations located on our side of the state line. We also have an abundance of firecracker stores as they are illegal in NC. I feel like a rebel!! :lol:

I'll second that on the roads...usually stay in the left land on interstates just to keep from beating the hell out of the vehicle.

$3.89 for Mobil 87 in central CT , $3.75 for most other brands , one Mobil in particular is $4.15 for 87 .

That one is right off of I91 and they prey on travelers .

Bought an '01 Corolla a few months back for a DD while I do an "almost" total resto on the '96 Pathfinder , after driving the Pathfinder for 13 1/2 years it's a real kick getting 30 mpg city while flogging the Toyota .

39 mpg highway..... :wub:

Now I won't feel bad when filling the '96 up after it gets it's 6" lift and tires , it will be the "fun rig" and I'll be happy about filling it up !

There is a gas station down here in Orlando near the tourist area that always sells it's gas at extremely high prices, and the funny part is there are always people getting gas there !! I mean if the average around town is $3.40 - $3.50 this one station is selling gas for $5.89 - and up !!!!