Stolen 93 in salt lake, ut

dthemiley

Hey friends,

I am not to pleased to make this my my first topic I've started but I am asking for help. My blue 93 pathy has been stolen in the west valley area between 10:40 pm on the 12th and 04:45pm on the 13th. The plates are Idaho 1A 6K946. This is my only mode of transportation and being a college student I cant afford to buy another vehicle. The pathy has a yakama basket with 2 KC lights, thule cross bars. Also it has a thule mountain bike rack on the driver side. The front end has a factory Nissan winch guard with Nissan winch. If you are in salt lake please keep your eyes open for it. Or if you are online please look out for my winch guard.

Please cal or text with information. (801)631 0524.

I am very sorry and I feel your pain. My D21 was stolen 6 weeks ago and it feels like a personal violation. Although I live in northern CA I will keep my ears open and eyes peeled for you. Hopefully your local law enforcement will find it soon. Many times they steal it to take it to a private place to remove the stereo, battery, etc. and leave the rest intact. I hope this is true in your case..

That sucks. I had a '91 Mustang GT - because of the high theft rates for those cars in the mid-90s, I used to pull the rotor out of the distributer when parking overnight at my apartment, the logic being that a quick hot-wire that won't start will usually cause the perp to run away rather than pop the hood to do some troubleshooting, leaving behind damage rather than an empty parking space. The *one* night I said "screw it, it'll be fine" and didn't disable it, it got stolen. I've not done any "special" moves to my pathy, but reading how many are getting Pathynapped here, I may start yanking the coil wire (which seems to be the simplest part to remove on it).

That sucks. I had a '91 Mustang GT - because of the high theft rates for those cars in the mid-90s, I used to pull the rotor out of the distributer when parking overnight at my apartment, the logic being that a quick hot-wire that won't start will usually cause the perp to run away rather than pop the hood to do some troubleshooting, leaving behind damage rather than an empty parking space. The *one* night I said "screw it, it'll be fine" and didn't disable it, it got stolen. I've not done any "special" moves to my pathy, but reading how many are getting Pathynapped here, I may start yanking the coil wire (which seems to be the simplest part to remove on it).

Why not just install a kill switch?

Ok, so other than the lights and racks, it is a medium or light blue stock XE?

Sorry to hear about the theft, hopefully it will turn up soon and in decent shape. It is not unheard of...

B

ages ago, when I was living in Arizona when Saturn had an issue with the plastic pocket key that would fit every Saturn. There was a rash of Saturn thefts in my complex. After hearing about this, I would reach under the dash and pull the fuel pump relay when I got home every night. It took 2 secs. well sure enough 3 days later I came out to the car and it was moved back in the parking spot a couple of feet. The doors were unlock and most of my stuff was rummaged through. Turns out that that 2 secs paid off big time. They unlocked the door started the engine started to back out and the car ran out of fuel and stopped. That saved my butt big time.

i am glad they found it. keep us updated in the condition of the vehicle and the parts that were stolen. we can then keep an eye out on craigslist for your parts and hopefully catch the bastard.

Edited by msavides

Well after being ran around in circles by the police, the tow yard and the DMV. I have came up empty handed. I wont be able to get my truck back till Monday. Hopefully the truck will run so I can get her home.

Well, at least it wasn't gone long and you know it has been found. Start on the bright side and go from there. As was mentioned, people will help you with parts and advice if needed to get it in shape again...

B